04

To repay someone means to have a knot tied in between two person. Lee Rang completely forgot about that fact when the woman whom he knew as Karina, didn't get her memory of yesterday's incident cleared.

Anything that he would do to make her forget about what she witnessed that night will be of no use at all, unless he do something to make amends for his mistake.

And obviously, those simple act of kindness he showed to her yesterday turned out to be useless too. He ruffles his hair in frustration as he was upset with the whole situation right now.

Then, his phone rings indicating an incoming call from someone. That only adds turmoil to the fire as Rang already knew the person calling him this early.

                     Give me a break, you prick!

Rang groaned in annoyance as he gets up from his bed and answered the phone angrily.

"What?!" He heard a mocking laugh from the other side before giving a reply to his question.

   "You never learned manners, don't you? But again, what should I expect from a fox... Or should I add, half human too?"
The fortune teller laughed sarcastically at his own remark. Lee Rang rolled his eyes as he just wanted to skip all the insulting words coming up from the latter's sleeve.

"Just get to the damn point." He firmly said while clenching his teeth.

    "Now that's the spirit Lee Rang-ssi! Well, you're assigned to a new mission today. I think that there might be hidden things at Namhansanseong Fortress, as I heard rumors about that place."

Hearing that claim somehow made Rang to be curious. He raised an eyebrow as he listens further to the fortune teller's mere guess.

   "In fact, I managed to get some information from the wandering souls of that province. There was indeed something valueable kept in the north gate of the fortress."

"Tch, are you convinced enough that it's trustable? Cause I don't want my effort to go in vain for reckless things."

   "Ha! Trust my instincts. I am better at sensing 'good' things than any other creature in this entire world."

Those once again stupid remark from the fortune teller only gained a scoff from Lee Rang. But one thing for sure, he bear in his mind.

                      It's gonna be a long day.

---

Karina has been replaying yesterday night's event in her mind throughout the day. It is only a miracle that she seemed to be under a normal state while working, when her mind is actually not. Other than getting her heart gets somewhat tugged at the older guy, she is curious about the older man sudden suspicion towards her. And on top of all that, how did he move not only twice but numerous times faster than her?

He indeed has the right figure to be called fit, but it just doesn't make sense for a mere human to move as fast as a lightning.

   Then... That ahjussi must've used a superpower, 
   doesn't he?

Karina finally lets out a heavy sigh, knowing that she will never figure those things out unless she has the guts to ask that guy herself.

Later, she heard her name being called by the one and only senior, Mr Choi who probably got some even more errands for her to do around the bar. And that's on having too much on her plate already. But again, what liberty does she has anyway to refuse any work related to the bar company that she worked in.