Chapter Ten - Bloody Homestretch

As Hunter made his way back to his squad, the rest of the Bad Batch found themselves in heated combat against the Umbaran Tribesmen led by Scarecrow and Reaper. Tech and Crosshair took cover behind a large boulder. 

Tech: Crosshair! Can you get a clear shot on those commandos?!

Crosshair took aim with his 773 Firepuncher Sniper Rifle and aimed towards where Scarecrow and Reaper were firing from. He tried to get a clear shot, but even his expert marksmanship was unable to do so. 

Crosshair: It's no good! Those two are dug in tight! I can't get a clear shot! 

Tech then took the opportunity to analyze the area for blind spots they could exploit. This proved unsuccessful as the Umbaran Tribesmen closed in on them. 

Tech: We're surrounded! 

At that point, Wrecker cracked his knuckles with a mad smile on his face. 

Wrecker: Time to release the wreaking ball!

With a mad laugh, Wrecker charged in and began attacking the Umbaran Tribesmen. This gave Tech and Crosshair the perfect opportunity to focus their attention onto Scarecrow and Reaper. As Tech and Crosshair laid down suppressing fire on the two rogue Clone Commandos, Hunter had finally made his way back. 

Tech: Are you all right, sergeant?  

Hunter: I'll be fine. 

Crosshair: What about Ivo?

Hunter: He's been relieved of command. What's the status of those commandos?

Crosshair: They're holding up on the hill north of here! I can't get a clear shot on those bastards! 

Tech: Wrecker's got the tribesmen occupied. 

Hunter looked upon the position that Scarecrow and Reaper were hold up in. Hunter looked around for anything he could use to get around it. He soon spotted a path through the jungle that flanked around the hill. He also saw that the Umbaran Tribesmen were completely focused on Wrecker. It didn't take long for Hunter to devise up a plan. 

Hunter: You two keep lay down suppressing fire on that hill! Keep those commandos focused on you! I'll flank around them and take them down!

With that, Hunter began executing his plan. Wrecker continued ragdolling the Umbaran Tribesmen while Tech and Crosshair laid down suppressing fire on the hill where Scarecrow and Reaper were positioned in. As the battle raged on, Hunter made his way through the jungle and followed the path. Hunter followed the path while keeping an eye on his surroundings. Eventually, he flanked around the hill. His Electromagnetic Sonar picked up two signals. He looked up and saw Scarecrow and Reaper. Hunter prepared his DC-17 blaster pistol and climbed up the hill. Scarecrow and Reaper were unaware of what was happening.

Hunter: Knock, knock. 

As Scarecrow and Reaper were alerted to Hunter's presence, Scarecrow and Reaper turned to shoot down Hunter. Hunter was able to kill Reaper with a shot to the head and hits Scarecrow in the shoulder, sending him rolling down the hill. By the time Scarecrow rolled to the bottom of the hill, Wrecker had already taken down the Umbaran Tribesmen. As Scarecrow reached for his pistol, he found himself surrounded by the Bad Batch. 

Crosshair: Drop the pistol! Drop it!

Hunter: Don't do anything stupid. You're surrounded. There's no way out.

Left with no other choice, Scarecrow dropped his blaster pistol. As the Bad Batch crowded around Scarecrow, the rogue Clone Commando begins chuckling. 

Hunter: What's so funny?

Scarecrow: Even after everything Kad Ha'rangir has shown you, you all are still willing to remain slaves to the Republic. 

Hunter took a moment to reflect on Scarecrow's words. They seemed to echo Ivo's word in a sense. Despite this, Hunter remained loyal to the mission. 

Hunter: I may have my problems with the Republic, but I'm willing to fight for it. And I'm no slave. 

As Hunter said this, Scarecrow continued to laugh. He then took off his Clone Commando helmet and tossed it aside. He continued laughing as he got to his feet. 

Scarecrow: Slaves to the end, eh? Kad Ha'rangir has shown me the light. He gave me a purpose beyond what I was bred for. I owe Kad Ha'rangir everything! I am already dead....as are you! I'll see you all in hell! 

Without warning, Scarecrow pulled out two thermal detonators and activated them. The Bad Batch barely had any time to react as the thermal detonators detonated, killing Scarecrow in a fiery explosion. As the explosion died down, the Bad Batch took a moment to gather their bearings. 

Wrecker: Crazy bastard! 

Hunter: Guess Kaddak was more than just a commando leader to them. He might as well be Kad Ha'rangir. 

Tech: What's next, sergeant? 

Hunter: We keep going. We should be near Kaddak's location. Something tells Kaddak's got one last trick up his sleave. 

Crosshair: You really think he knows we're coming?

Hunter: Kaddak isn't stupid. He's not the kind to take chances. He's the kind of commando to be prepared for anything. That means we have to be prepared for whatever Kaddak has in store for us. We're about to march right into the lion's den. Now let's get to work.

In that moment, the Bad Batch reached the bloody homestretch of their mission. Kaddak was within their sights. All they had to do was find him and eliminate him. But Hunter knew very well that Kaddak would not go out quietly. Kaddak was preparing for the arrival of the Bad Bad for their final confrontation. As the battle raged across Umbara, the Bad Batch were on the verge of completing their mission.