(8)~Sworn enemies

We have 20 minutes left to leave for the charity event. I am still taking my time to dress up, well most of the time that's going is as a result of straightening my hair.
One more part and that will be it, I finish it up and stand in front of the full mirror in a strapless Fenty bodysuit. The outfit I'm going with today is a white slip dress with a birth of venus underbust corset paired with my YSL Opyum sandals and a mini Dior saddlebag. I have my usual Tiffany T medium smile pendant on, I had gotten it this summer as a treat to myself.

This is an event for the wealthiest people around Miami and other cities, I have to look my best, and also as a child of Liam and Ava Harris I'm always in the spotlight at these events.

"Grace Harris hurry up" my mom shouts from down the stairs, and Martha is hundred percent coming to tell me to hurry up too.

A knock comes through on my door, "Ms. Grace your mother is calling on you" on special occasions like this, Martha usually adds Ms. to my name, she told me because it builds my confidence. She knows me too well and I love it.

"I'll be down soon, please tell my mom we still have some time on our hands" she moves away from the door to return the message to my mom.

I grab my bag and leave the room, calmly shutting the door and going down the stairs. "Hello to you too mom," I say sarcastically, giving her a tight smile.

"Grace are we ready because it's time to leave" she ignores me,

"Yes mom I'm ready" my makeup is perfectly fine, "mom does this nude lipstick look good on me," I ask her facing the mirror that is kept in the hallway leading to the front door.

"Let me see" she examines it, "it's a nice shade on you"

"Okay you two, Louis is outside waiting"

"We are ready" mom and I reply as we walk towards him.

The drive wasn't long because we stayed close to Miami Beach and that was where this event is being hosted. A yacht party that's what it is, to showcase and sell their luxury yachts.

Louis drops us at the entrance of the event, "thank you Louis" I wave at him once we all get down from the car.

We all walked inside and my mom had already been spotted by this group of women she always tries to stay away from. "Oh Lord here they come" she turns around to face me while hiding her face. A ringtone alerts us and it was mom's, "Thank God, hey Lucacey, where are you?" she walks off using the phone call as an excuse to avoid the ladies.

My dad walks away to find his friends and I'm left alone to search for Cindy in this massive group of people that dress and look alike. At least she's Asain so I don't have to look through twenty white blondes to find my best friend. I texted her to meet me outside the clubhouse where the main event is happening.

I'm blocked by someone, the shoes and pants look so similar that I have only one person in mind.

"Louis" my tone sounds bored, it's clear.

"Grace Harris" he folds his hand and looks down at me. With my 5 feet 7 inches self, I'm still considered short while standing in front of him.

"Do I have to remind you again not to say my last name" "again" I added sternly.

"Yeah that's not ending anytime soon" a smug stretched on his face

"Where is that little handbag that you call a boyfriend" I hate him, dang.

"Why do you care?" I raise my eyebrows,

He scoffs, "I don't".

"We broke up anyways" I twirl my hair while avoiding eye contact