Chapter (10)

I pulled the jacket I had on closer as I sat with a bunch of random people on the way to the other side of the island. 

Thankfully, they were no longer interested in punching the living hell out of me anymore. They started picking on some other guy. All I would do is go to work and eat my lunch as fast as possible then return to my cell. 

It's starting to get colder due to the winter. I sighed heavily when I heard the voices of people I once knew walking by to the end of the train. The five other people sharing the train's cabin with me began groping and kissing each other which made me feel uncomfortable.

I don't get it, they have a prison policy in which females are not allowed to get pregnant, and if they do, they will have them and the child killed.

"Wanna join?" a man looked my way while one of the two girls sat on his lap licking his neck. I shook my head and looked away trying to avoid them. Although they took the window's sides, I felt a lot more at ease sitting further by the door. 

One of the three men stood up and sat next to me causing me to scoot over. His hand landed on my thigh as he came closer trapping me to the door. "Get your hand off!" I yelled pushing him away from me. 

With hope evaporating into thin air after he grabbed me by the hair and smacked the palm of his hand on my lips, I fisted my hand and punched him straight on his crotch. The pain I caused him made him let go, he groaned with anger as I made my escape out of the cabin running straight back knowing that they wouldn't dare go there

I ran pushing people aside as the guy followed me then suddenly stopped in terror. As I recklessly made my way back facing the guy not paying much attention to what was in front of me, I bumped into a strong chest and almost pissed myself

My heart started beating so fast as I turned to face the one and only 'CLARK'. 

His annoyed look didn't surprise me, but what did was the grip he had on me to avoid me from falling when I crashed into him. I looked back and saw the man fleeing without even looking back. 

A humorless chuckle escaped from me when Clark coldly stared into my eyes. My whole body turned into ice when his glare was fixed on me. "Sorry about that-" and before I had the chance to explain any further he removed his grip on me and growled "get the hell away from me"

I pushed myself away trying to think of what I did to be so resented. Our bodies were both stiff while we glared at each other not long before Clark turned away from me. I huffed at the sight of him disappearing and went back to just walking around not wanting to have the same thing happen to me again.

++

"Wanna go watch the wrestling match?" I heard a girl say to her friend as we got off the train heading to the checkpoint. "Of course, It's going to be the best match there ever was, I hope I get picked " The friend replied with a squeal

After the checkpoint, I heard more people talk about the match. I didn't think it was THAT big of a deal, but when you walk around the marketplace and barely see people roaming the street, then you would definitely have the curiosity to attend

Following a bunch of people to where the match was, A guy was there selling the tickets and people were like ants strolling around to get to the doors. 10 minutes of waiting in line later, I finally bought a ticket and walked in through the large doors

The chanting of some unclear names and people yelling filled the area giving me an adrenaline rush. I took a sharp breath and sat in the closest seat I could find hoping for a good show.

"Hey there, would you like to be the winner of the great prize?"A woman with a bikini-like outfit came to me with a wide grin and a cheerful attitude, however, I was utterly confused, so she went on. "You can win a huge prize if you scan your wrist, and trust me, you'd wish to win" she winked 

maybe she means going back home? 

My lips formed into a thin line as she encouraged me more. It took her almost five minutes of pressuring and endless nagging for me to scan my wrist and see what happens. The woman smiled when the green light went off and wished me good luck right before she headed for the girls next to me and they didn't hesitate to scan their wrists as fast as possible.

this means it's a good thing right?

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE FALL'S ANNUAL BOXING MATCH FOR ALL RED CHAMPS, WE PRESENT TO YOU THE FINAL FIGHT OF THIS YEAR'S TOURNAMENT." an old man with grey hair yelled through the mic grabbing peoples' attention. 

" AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...I GIVE YOU THE ONE AND ONLY 324, LEROY" people began cheering in excitement when his name was mentioned and he walked in with confidence, I squinted my eyes feeling a recognition towards him

"AND THE OTHER FIGHTER, THE ANIMAL 435, BRYAN" the girls screamed loud again as he walked in cheering with the crowd. 

"AND FINALLY, THE LUCKY LADY THAT WE WILL DRAW HER NAME OUT FROM THE WHEEL.." the guy motioned to the spinning wheel on the screen and everyone waited in excitement. "AND THE WINNER IS...."

Once the wheel stopped my number popped up on the screen and my breath hitched 

"LADY 626! CONGRATS!" People cheered before the old ring announcer added as the screaming and cheering around me made me even more anxious and confused, "YOU WILL BE THE PRIZE OF ONE OF THESE LUCKY BOYS".