I- Trapped

The afternoon snow fell on you while you walked up to the tall building in front of you. Small snowflakes were left on your long beige coat and your hair, which was pulled up into an updo.

"Shit," you cursed under your breath. The cold snow from the unshoveled sidewalk was getting your feet wet and cold. Maybe heels weren't the best option to wear today...

You stopped in front of the front doors, the words "The Shiganshina Times" above you. You let out a sigh, the cold air making your breath visible.

You took out your phone to quickly check the time on your phone. 2:48 p.m., just in time for your job interview which happened to be in your hometown. You weren't planning on ever coming back to Shiganshina, but there had happened to be a few writing spots open at the new local news company.

You had not been back here in 4 whole years, since the summer after your high school graduation. You had gone overseas to Marley University which you had gotten your degree in journalism over there. It was a bit nerve-wracking being back. You hadn't let any of your old friends know you were here. Well, you had barely even made an effort to keep in touch anyways, why would they care. Deep down you knew you couldn't avoid them forever. The one person you wish you could avoid forever was of course your ex.

You shook your head, not wanting to think about that right now. Hell, you didn't even know if you'd be moving back for sure. It all depended on this one job interview.

Stepping inside, the snowflakes that had cluttered your hair and coat melted away with the newfound heat of the building. Damn was this place nice. Shiny floors, leather chairs, marble countertops, and crystal chandeliers.

"Hello, can I help you today miss?" a raven haired lady behind the receptionist's desk asked.

"Oh, Hello." You smiled, walking over to the desk. "I'm here for an interview for a writer's position."

"Right, of course." she turned to her computer that sat to the right. "Name please?"

"F/N L/N," you said, hands tightening on the straps of your brown messenger bag.

"Alright! You can use the elevator just around the corner and go to floor 24," she said, pointing to the general direction.

"Great, thanks!"

You turned around and headed to the shiny set of doors with the sound of your heels echoing throughout the room. You noticed a younger man had entered the elevator so you followed in.

Glancing over you saw him press the silver button with a 24 on it. Maybe he's applying for the same job, you thought to yourself.

Your eyes scanned him. He was pretty attractive, well built, and dressed well. Your E/C hues fell on his face. He was brunette and had beautiful teal eyes...

"Oh fuck." you muttered, eyes widening as you had realized that he was not just any man. He was your ex-boyfriend, Eren fucking Yeager. The boy who you had loved all throughout your childhood and teenage years.

He turned around, his eyes meeting yours and instantly recognizing you. "Well shit," he said, clearly having the same reaction as you.

Eren had seemed to have more muscle and his face was more matured since the last time you saw him. His hair was longer and was pulled back into a messy bun, a few stray hairs falling onto his face.

The two of you stood in silence for what seemed to be hours but was only a mere 30 seconds. You swallowed and took a deep breath trying to compose yourself, deciding to be the one to talk first.

"So, uh... Eren. W-what are you doing here?" you asked, mentally cursing to yourself for stuttering like a fucking school girl with her crush.

"Job interview," he answered flatly, obviously not the happiest to see you. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? You were the one who left."