IV- Reminisce

𝟽 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘

It was just past 10 p.m. on a school night later in Autumn. You were completely bored out of your mind so you had decided to lay on your bed and just listen to music. Eren wasn't responding to any of your texts so you had thought that maybe he had fallen asleep.

You were startled by a sudden light knock on your window. Your mind instantly went to the thought of a possible intruder since your room was on the ground level. Being the stupid teen you were, you got up from your bed and grabbed a pair of scissors that were on your desk. I mean, better than nothing, I guess?

You slowly crept to your window. Maybe it was just your mind playing tricks on you? You quickly pulled open the curtain covering the window and were startled at the sight of a face. Thankfully it was one that you knew, it was Eren, your lovely boyfriend. You let out a sigh of relief and opened your window.

"Eren! You scared the shit of me!" you said, grabbing his hand and helping him through your window.

"Sorry about that." he chuckled, then glanced down at your other hand. "So you were going to stab me with.. scissors?"

"Well, I thought you were an intruder or something," you said, walking over to your desk and putting away the scissors.

"Why would an intruder knock?" he laughed.

"Shut up, don't laugh at me!" you gave him a light punch on the arm. "So why are you here? Not that I don't enjoy you in my room."

"Not for that..." Eren's cheeks turned red at your comment. "I just wanted to surprise you, and see if you wanted to maybe walk downtown with me."

"At night?" you asked with wide eyes.

"Yup!"

"Why?" you asked, a bit confused.

"Why not?" he said back.

"But Eren, my parents would kill me!"

"They don't have to know, that's why it's called sneaking out."

"I don't know..." you said unsurely.

"Oh come Y/N!" he grabbed onto your hands and stared into your eyes. You caught a glint of mischief in them. "Or we could just stay here if you want.."

You bit your bottom lip in thought. There was no way you could say no to him.

"Let's do it," you smirked.

"Really?"

"Sure, what the hell."

"Fuck yeah!" he said excitedly, giving you a quick kiss on the lips.

"Keep it down, my parents are still awake!" you warned him.

"Oops... sorry.."

You quickly put on a sweatshirt of your favorite color since it was pretty cool outside. Thank goodness you still had your day clothes on so you didn't have to get dressed. You slipped on a pair of shoes that were the closest to you and grabbed your phone, slipping it into your back pocket.

You and Eren then made your way out the window and snuck out into the night. You walked around in the empty streets of your neighborhood. The two of you holding hands as you talked about whatever came to your minds.  Your relationship with Eren felt perfect. You two never had a problem talking to each other. You shared everything with him.

Eventually, you guys made it downtown, still talking and laughing. Unfortunately, the weather was not on your side and it began raining. Eren grabbed your hand you two ran towards the nearest open store, which happened to a 7-Eleven. The lady at the counter shot you guys a glance, probably very confused why there were two teenagers in her store at almost midnight. You just ignored her.

You pulled out your phone checking the radar on your weather app. Thankfully it seemed that the rain wouldn't last for too much longer. Eren insisting on buying you whatever snack you wanted which you thanked him for.

You two then sat outside against the wall of the gas station that covered you from the rain. Your clothes were considerably wet since you were just running in the rain. As you finished your food you noticed that Eren had been looking at you.

"What?" you asked him confused.

"You're beautiful." he smiled at you.

Your cheeks heated up at his sudden compliment. "Oh stop it.."

"I'm serious, you're literally perfect." his hand caressed your face.

You returned his sweet smile and leaned into his lips until they made contact. You wrapped your arms around his neck, bringing him closer, sharing a pure but passionate kiss with your lover.

Shortly after, the rain stopped and you and Eren walked back to your home. You made it back home at 1:21 a.m. Eren gave you a kiss goodbye and you snuck back into your home, never getting caught by your parents that night.

Regardless of the rain, that night was nothing but perfection.

—————

𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

"Yeah, the first couple times we snuck out were great and all, but you can't forget that one time we got caught," you said laughing.

"Oh god, it took forever to get back on your dad's good side after that." Eren grinned remembering the past.

You and Eren continued to bring up stories from the past. Embarrassing times, times when you were with your other friends, and plenty of other memories.

A little while later, after lots of talking, you checked your phone for the time.

"Jeez, it's only 5:08," you sighed. "It has only been like 2 hours."

"It has felt like way longer than that." Eren chuckled.

"I know.." you said. There was a brief silence before an idea popped to your head. "Hey! How about we watch Netflix or something to pass the time?"

"You want to watch anime?" he asked, smirking.

"You know me so well," you laughed.

You reached into your messenger bag to pull out your laptop and opened it up. You scrolled through Netflix until you found an anime that you had been obsessed with in high school. Clicking play, you then set it down near the middle of the elevator on the floor. You and Eren arranged yourselves so that you both sat against the wall of the elevator. Eren was so close that your shoulders were touching. The slight touch just made you want him to hold you again.. just like old times.

The hurt is over and we can move on, right?

Eren's words echoed through your head. What exactly did he mean by that? Did he want to completely move on from you and just be friends? Or could he possibly still feel something for you, and still had hope for a romantic relationship between you two? You couldn't tell what he wanted. You weren't even sure of your own feelings.