Chapter #7

Hello Ember Rose here, welcome back. I've missed you... anyways. Uh forget I said that. Right continuing with the story.

So I fell asleep and awoke with my forehead aginst the cold wall. The sheet was light, layed over my body. I blinked a few times because my eyes were irritated and dry. Love waking up to that. I turned my head to try and peek over my shoulder to see if she was still there. Of course she was gone. I took a deep breath and relized my alarm was still ringing so I rolled out of bed. I forgot the screen brightness was high as it could be and it was blinding me. With blurry eyes I turned it off and set it down again.
I heard a door open and I froze. A thousand thoughts running through my head. Was she back? Was it someone else? Which door even was it? Luckily it was the bathroom door and she walked out slowly, fresh out of the shower and with a towel on her head. A smile creeped on my face. I blurted out.
"What's the point of taking a shower if your clothes are dirty?"
She looked up fast and looked terrified. I could not help but laugh. She turned bright red and threw the towel that was on her head at me. It hit me in the face and I stumbled back and fell on my bed. Still laughing in between breaths I tried to say.
"What are you one of those ancient baseball players?"
I looked at her and she was glaring at me. I stopped laughing and put the towel on my bed. Then I walked to my dresser and grabbed a shirt and some pants. I walked over to her and handed them to her. She was very hesitant to take them but slowly did. With me being a inch or two taller I was looking down at her. She looked up and her sky blue eyes caught me off guard so I blinked and looked away.
I walked into the kitchen and heard the bathroom door close again and I looked at the clock I had. I was going to be late if I did not get going. I considered knocking on the bathroom door but instead I yelled out.
"Heading to work!"
Then headed out the door before she could even say anything. As I was walking down the sidewalk in the cold morning air I was wondering if it was even safe to be leaving her there. I guess it would be more dangerous to take her to work with me but....what if they find her. Then I would haft to go home and see it torn upside down and maybe even blood....oh gosh enough. I do not wanna be thinking about that. Even when I just met this kid...she already means so much to me.
I walked into the store and was welcomed with the little bell on top of the door. Jane was not siting behind the desk like normal. The lights are on. So I headed to the back and checked if she was back there. In a hurry I walked into the small room. I almost knocked Jane over. Jane and I both looked at each other in shock. We both started laughing. I headed to the front still giggling like a child. I sat down on the little stool and checked the time. It was ten after opening. I looked out the store windows and enjoyed the view of the park. Theres a bench on the edge of the park the faces towards the shop. This morning on that bench was a body in all black sitting there. They had a black ball cap on so I could not tell the gender or who they were. I could not help but start to breath heavy and swallow the lump of fear in my throat. Millions on thoughts running through my head. What if that's one of the men? Or it could be the same man. It's probably no one important or to worry about. Right?
Jane tapped me on my shoulder and I almost screamed. Jane gently rested her hand on my shoulder and said.
"Honey are you sure your good for work today?"
I gently smiled at her and said.
"Yeah of course just in my head is all"
Jane took in a deep breath and smiled. She definitely knew I was lying but I think she also knew I was not going to talk about it. Not here anyways. She whispered .
"Hows the kid"
I froze and looked back at the window. Indeed the body was still siting there.
I looked back at Jane, who then looked out the window to where I looked. Then she said.
"How about I come over for dinner"
I took a deep breath and said.
"That sounds great."
The day went by slowly, like it was never going to end. Finally after ages it was time to go home. So Jane and I locked up shop after making sure all the animals were accounted for. Then me and her walked on the side walk in silence. All the way to my apartment.
That's it for today's chapter. You look great today by the way. Anyways I hope to see you again soon. I wish I could know how you were doing.....