-nine-

"It's not my fault! I was a dog! It's only natural for me to want to chase it!"

Sirius was currently on the losing end of an argument of whether Sirius had been a dog all along. Everyone else seemed to agree that he had, but he was very against the idea.

"I'm a human! How could I be an animagus if I wasn't a human?" Sirius was beginning to feel exasperated.

Celeste turned to Remus. "Hey Remmy, is it possible that Sirius could be an opposite animagus? Like he's really a dog who can turn into a person?"

As Remus opened his mouth to answer, he was cut off by a swarm of angry noises coming from the corner Sirius had chosen to hide in. No one dared to go near said corner, for fear that Sirius would rip them limb from limb in frustration.

The five marauders had been making an effort to get back into their routine, day by day, the only difference being the bitch that was Veronica Bluebottle.

She had been trying at every chance to ruin the relationship between Remus and his friends, specifically Celeste. Veronica had come to the conclusion that Celeste was actively trying to destroy her and Remus's relationship. Even though Celeste wasn't exactly fond of their relationship, she certainly wasn't working against it. If she had been, Celeste liked to think they'd already be broken up.

Another issue, currently, was Kai Rosier. He had become increasingly more annoying, which was quite the feat, considering his previous behavior. He had taken it upon himself to make her sit with him at the Slytherin table every chance he could. If she had to listen to a stupid story about ridiculing muggle borns one more time, she would most likely bash her eyes in with a spoon.

The current situation of the world wasn't helping. Everyone could sense that a darkness was approaching, whether the papers would admit so or not. Rumors of a dark wizard were popping up in odd places, out in the countryside people were going missing left and right. Many denied it, but Celeste had a feeling that it was more than just coincidence.

Surprisingly, the only truly normal thing in her life at the moment was her classes. Celeste had taken up her studies as a way to distract from the utter chaos of her social life. Drama? No thanks, Divination. Tragedy? Transfiguration, thank you very much. Chaos? Pass, Charms.

The greenhouses had become sort of a sanctuary for her. Professor Sprout had a special liking for the girl, and let her come in at lunchtimes and after classes. This particular day Celeste had entered, ready to work on her dittany-aconite plant. She was working on it furiously, hoping that the hybrid could be used to help Remus with his transformations. Anyway, on this day she had entered to find that she was not alone. Frank Longbottom was sat at one of the tables, looking frustrated as he scribbled on some parchment.

"Are you alright?" Frank's head shot up at the sound of Celeste's voice.

Frank shot her a smile before rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just downright horrible at Herbology. Sprout sent me in here to redo my essay."

"Need some help?" Celeste offered, genuinely wanting to offer some assistance.

"If you wouldn't mind?"

Celeste took a seat next to him, scanning his paper. "Oh, I see your issue. Shrivelfig is found in Abyssinia, not Albania. Also the leaves are deciduous, so they shed in Autumn, not in spring like you wrote."

Frank seemed to understand, crossing out his mistakes and scribbling in his new answers. He smiled at her and Celeste seemed to understand now why he was so popular. He was just someone you wanted to be around.

"You're really awesome at this! I'm rubbish at Herbology. I hope if I ever have kids they don't inherit that from me."

Celeste smiled timidly back. Frank shot up from his seat, seemingly remembering something. "Shoot! I promised Alice I'd meet her at the lake at 2:30, and it's 2:35! Sorry to rush out!"