Chapter 2 - Re:Legend of the Revolution (Daily Life)

The first trial was over, and two people were dead. Well, that was to be expected in this killing game, anything otherwise would be odd. There would no doubt be many more trials to come, that's for sure. Because I can't die here, I want to try and help get as much information as possible to the people remaining.

After the execution, I walked back to the elevator and watched the doors close behind me. I couldn't stand to hear any more of the others' crying. It would be useless anyway, what happened has already happened, and I cannot change it. I quietly stood in silence as the elevator ascended above ground.

When the doors finally opened, I trudged back to my room, the motive and the numbness taking a toll on me. Closing the door behind me, I took off my boots and my coat, laying them on the table in my room. Deciding to treat myself, I went into the bathroom and took quite a few of the heated towels back to the bed with me, putting them on and around my body under the sheets.

I stared up at the ceiling with dull eyes, a sleepy haze washing over me. Truth be told, I did feel a bit hurt from the trial. Aoi had promised to be there for me, and she was the first killer. I told her that logic and facts were the only thing I could fall back on, but for a moment, I had considered her to be a real friend. Aah, this wouldn't have happened if I worked harder to esca-

Once again, a searing migraine pulsed through my head, disrupting my thoughts and forcing me to clutch my head in agony. I discarded my wants, and the pain slowly grind to a halt. Why was it that every time I thought of it, a giant headache would suddenly appear and make me writhe in agony? Perhaps that was the mastermind's work, I wouldn't do that to myself.

Pulling the heated towels closer to my body and melting into them, I closed my eyes and allowed myself to finally fall asleep, surrendering myself to a soothing darkness.

*MONOKUMA THEATRE*

Monokuma: "Once upon a time, there was a psychologist

Monokuma: "Once upon a time, there was a psychologist. She was an emotionless child, given up by her apathetic parents. Even as she was taken in by a new family, she always yearned to understand the emotions of others when she couldn't feel them herself. But the further she got into her research, the more she became like Icarus and flew too close to the sun, creating a monster. She proclaimed to the sheep that she would abandon them to find the wolves, though she had already known who they were. She never could choose her words carefully, and she caused a hidden wolf to go into a cursed frenzy. After leaving a message written in ice, she perished in the cramped space of a fridge. The end!"

*ding dong, bing bong*