Chapter 16: Noticed

For once in a million years, you actually wake up to an alarm clock buzzing its head off. Drowsily pulling yourself out of bed, you check the time before getting yourself dressed.

There was an unexplainable confidence you felt as you wore a black floral shirt and a pair of short jeans, your hair up in a bun with your scrunchie, and the bracelet your father gave you.

Staring at your bracelet, you sigh and smile, silently thanking your father before heading down to make some breakfast. Deciding that toast took too long, you wanted to try a different alternative.

Grabbing the box of cereal your brother always ate and a carton of milk from the fridge, you set the table with a bowl before you, filling it with cereal and milk. Keeping the box and carton away, you settle down and enjoyed your cereal.

Just when you finish your meal, the doorbell rings, followed by four knocks (knock knock, knock knock). This was the signal you agreed with Luka whenever he decides to meet you.

A smile plastered on your face, you pick up your sling bag from the couch and wear it, opening the door. Luka stands there composed until he sees the way you were dressed. He froze for a second, staring at your dress. Snapping your fingers before his face, you pull him out of his daydream.

Rolling your eyes, you bend down to put on your usual shoes. Locking the house door, you give Luka a smile before heading off in the direction of the school slowly, letting him catch up. What he did next caught you entirely by surprise.

He slides his hand into yours, and hold it tightly. Shocked, you glance between your hand and his face, unsure how to react. Smiling at you, Luka faces the road and pulls you after him. You could feel your cheeks slowly burn, but you ignore it and just enjoy the moment.

Soon enough, the both of you were before Collège Françoise Dupont. Waving goodbye to Luka, you carefully calm yourself before heading into the school.

Everyone was at the basketball court as soon as you step into the school, and all of a sudden, you hear a loud party popper in the background. Jumping in shock, you were quickly surrounded by Rose, Juleka, Mylène and a few other girls.

"Welcome back to school, Y/n!" People cheered. 'What...?' Confused, you look around and catch sight of Adrien in the distance. Adrien gives you a smile. Your own smile has never been any wider.

Luka comes out of the crowd, a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Your hands cover your mouth on instinct as you watch him walk towards you. The whole school was practically cheering. "Y/n, you're the most extraordinary girl I've ever met. Clear as a musical note and as sincere as a melody. You're the music that's been playing inside my head since the day we first met. So, I mean it when I say this," Luka pauses, staring into your eyes.

"Will you be mine?" He whisper-says, getting down on one knee, flowers outstretched before you (yes, cringey exaggeration :D enjoy). Tears gathering in your eyes, you nod profusely, accepting the bouquet and throwing yourself into his arms.

You hug him so tightly, as if he would disappear the moment you let go. He lets out a laugh, hugging you back as the both of you tumble on the floor. You look deep into those aqua blue eyes of his, getting once again mesmerised by them. Your body working on instinct, you began to lean in, and so did he.

Both your lips collide, and you kiss him with all your strength, tears falling down your face. The entire school goes into waves of cheers until you slowly gathered yourself and stood up, holding Luka's hand. Teachers soon came into view, shooing students to class. You catch sight of Marinette, and she gives you a tiny wink before heading back to class.

'Of course she and Adrien had something to do with this. Soon, I'll return them the favour.' You smile to yourself as you wonder how the reveal would play out for the both of them. The moment you stepped into the class, students were bristling with joy. Even Chloe.

'Did something just possess her or did she actually come up and ask me if I was fine after the akumatization? She even bought me a gift?!' (She's probably possessed lol)

School had never been better. During lunch, you were invited (more of pushed over to) Marinette and Alya's lunch table. Mischief boils in you as a thought comes into your mind. You give Alya a wink, and signal for Adrien to come over.

Alya immediately goes into a couple of "oohh" before moving over to your side of the table, letting Adrien settle beside Mari. Nino comes over as well and settles beside Alya. Marinette, upon realisation that Adrien was by her side, bursts out in a couple of frantically formed sentences. ("H-hey Adrien, its see to nice you!", "You're pretty handsome", "Yeah, I'm totally into you!")

You smile uncontrollably until you catch Luka coming up behind the two of them. Another idea comes into your mind and you carefully signal to Luka. He understands you, and 'accidentally' pushes Marinette. The frantic girl falls onto Adrien, her face brimming red.

"Oops, sorry Marinette, are you okay?" Luka adds, walking over to sit by your side. "Yeah, I've never been better... I-I mean, yeah I'm fine!" Marinette says, messing her words up.

Adrien seems oblivious to her panic. 'Right... I forgot Adrien loves Ladybug... this is going to be a bigger problem than I originally thought...' you process in your head. 'Well, as much as he loves Lady, I can tell he likes Mari too, but he's... an oblivious potato, sadly.' You mentally facepalm yourself.

The rest of school goes by swiftly, with little to no progress between Adrien and Marinette. When you finally got home, you've never been more at peace for the past five years.

'Thank you Dad, for showing me that it's not the situations that matter, it's the people...'