ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ (chapter one

"Carlos! Where are you?!"

It was a stormy night in Auradon, all of them wanting to be in their dorms, warm and watching movies but instead they were on edge, panicking in desperation of Carlos to come home. Jay had been the one to go out looking for the boy, but nothing was to be found.

"Jay? have you found him?!" Jane rises up from her seat in panic as Jay bursts back through the door of his and Carlos' dorm, soaking wet from the rain. Jay wipes his forehead and catches his breath back.

"nothing." he shakes his head, taking his beanie off his head and putting it on a heater to dry it.

"when did you last see him?" Mal asks, pacing around the room, biting her fingernails nervously.

"ermmm, like 5 hours ago maybe? we were at tourney practice, then he asked coach if he could go back to the lockers, I just thought he was going to the toilet, but he never came back and his stuff was still there, apart from his phone." Jay sits down on his bed and looks over at everyone, hoping for some good news.

"have you tried to call his phone?" Ben asks, walking over to Jay as he pulls his phone out of his pocket, ringing Carlos.

"yeah, no signal." Jay takes Ben's phone and watches as the call goes to no signal and he ends it, giving Ben his phone back and sighing.

"what if he's hurt?" Evie gets up and looks at them all nervously, brushing her hair behind her shoulder.

"we need to find him..any ideas?" Ben bites his lip and shoves his hands into his trouser pockets.

everyone shakes their heads, Jane looking at them all and brushing down her dress.
"maybe we could go out and try and ring his phone? maybe he dropped it?" she says as she takes her phone from her pocket and tries to call Carlos, putting it to her ear as she ushers the others out of the door.

They all rush outside of the dormitories, banging doors and their footsteps clattering everywhere, waking some people up as they heard people shouting at them down the corridors, they make their way out onto the grass and look around.

"we'll head this way, it's the only way he could be. We would've seen him if he went the other way, dead ends." Ben nods at them all and he points in the direction they're going to head. "Let's go."

"Ben..what if he's hurt?" Jane asks as she walks with her head down, watching the ground underneath her as she walks.

"I'm sure he's fine, he probably just got lost" Ben reassures her, placing a hand on her shoulder as he pulls out his phone and starts to ring Carlos' phone.

"hey-wait." Evie puts her hands out to stop them all as she hears a faint buzzing sound.

"I can hear something, walk this way." Mal takes a few silent steps until she stands on something hard and hears a crack, she bends down and picks it up, brushing down the rain and grass on the object.

"its Carlos' phone." Jay says, looking over Mal's shoulder and looking at the cracks she made on it.

"we need to find him, he could be at the tourney field maybe?" Jane asks as she looks at Jay for hope.

"impossible, the tourney fields are completely closed off because of the bad weather." Jay looks at Jane and gives her a reassuring smile.

———————————————————————————

3 hours later