Briar Rose

Chapter 11: Briar Rose

Beauty is unbearable, it drives us into despair just for a mere glimpse of its unparalleled perfection. He had been made of the same sublime mold that held no vestige of disfigurement. If he had been a ruby we would have know him to be an facsimile of its absonant semblance. After all beauty doesn't last it fades, becoming invisible to our inept eyes.

A blast of sultry air collided with my face as I entered the greenhouse. I rewetted my dried lips and pushed my tousled hair away from my face. Reiji was hunched over with a pair of black scissors.

"What are you doing here?" He asked standing straight.

"Urm...I...I...just." I muttered.

"Come now, speak clearly." He snapped.

The words were stuck in my throat I was left unable to articulate. He frowned holding a crimson rose lightly in his fingers. He brushed a loose stand of hair behind my ear.

"Maybe putting this pretty flower in your hair will improve the completion of someone as boorish as you." He chuckled itch closer.

"You! you!" I shouted.

I was irate I let my hand do my angers bidding. The echo of my hand sounded brisk.

" How interesting....to strike my cheek like that. This is something that must be punished. " He growled pushing the flower into my hand.

The thorns punctured the skin of my hand provoking me to cry out.

"What's with that expression? There's fear, but also unhappiness." He spoke as he tugged my face up.

"Heh...it's not unwelcome. In face, it's cute." He grinned.

I felt faint, my mind muddled and overpowered. I fell backwards into his arms.

"Do not fret it's just a mild sedative." He whispered as I fell into oblivion.

Next thing I knew he was calling my name trying to wake me from my stupor.

"Come on, please come to your senses." He spoke softly.

He tapped his palm against my face yet I couldn't wake. I felt his body as it slumped into the bed. He sighed and leaned in close to me. I felt his breath on my face.

"Honestly, I don't wish to do this but...."

I felt his soft lips touch mine. They captured mine demanding complete obedience.

"Shit...come on you...look at me." He snapped.

My vision was blurred but my mind began to clear. I shook my head aggressively.

"It appears you have returned." He sighed in relief.

"With my lips....I've woken sleeping beauty." He chuckled.

He smile was genuine as he propped his head on his hand.

Author Notes:

Hello! I've missed you guy, I'm back. If you haven't seen why I was gone so long I will offer an explanation now. I've been sick and in and out of the hospital for the past two weeks. I assure you I will be fine. They did find the problem and I now have to seek medicine or another option. Its just another thing i'll have to work into my life lol.

Thanks for understanding.

see you...

RUKI-SENPAI