IX. Tips for Fantasy

☁️☁️☁️

☁️☁️☁️

Fantasy

"I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you ever were afraid of." 

🔪🩸 Ang pantasya ay isang uri ng haka-haka na kathang-isip na itinakda sa isang kathang-isip na uniberso, na madalas na inspirasyon ng mitolohiya at alamat ng totoong mundo. Ang mga ugat nito ay nasa mga tradisyon na oral, na pagkatapos ay naging pantasiyang panitikan at drama.

🔪🩸 Ang pantasiya ay nakikilala mula sa mga genre ng science fiction at katatakutan sa pamamagitan ng kani-kanilang kawalan ng mga tema ng pang-agham o macabre, kahit na ang mga genre na ito ay nagsasapawan.

🔪🩸 Kapag gagawa kayo ng ganito, medyo mahihirapan kayo lalo na sa mga mambabasa na hindi rin maintindihan ang nagawa ng manunulat. Kaya ay dapat maging detalyado ka sa pagsusulat. 

🔪🩸 Dark fantasy is a type of fantasy literature, art, and film that incorporates distressing and terrifying fantasy ideas. It frequently combines fantasy with horror themes or has a dismal dark tone or an atmosphere of fear and dread.

🔪🩸  If horror is about people trying to escape monsters (both human and supernatural), dark fantasy is about people accepting that the monster may be within and deciding how to live in a world filled with wonder and peril despite that revelation. 

A. Many elements of dark fantasy and horror are related.

  - They're generally set in lonely, brutal landscapes, they face terrible monsters, and they're good nightmare fodder, but they're not the same. We miss out on the opportunity to reach new fandoms and explore more fascinating storytelling routes when we treat them that way, and when we reduce dark fantasy to a mere bridge between genres rather than giving it its due.

B. With creepy elements

  - Horror films, chainsaw massacres, hauntings, possession, and serial killers all use the worst aspects of our minds to scare us. Horror films thrive on terrifying audiences, giving them the rush of adrenaline that comes from seeing a character fight to survive a demonic monster, a haunted orphanage, or a sinister lodge in the woods.

  - The purpose of horror is to terrify — sometimes through grotesque imagery and straightforward survival plots, other times through more subversive means, such as Get Out's weekend trip to meet a boyfriend's parents, whose agenda is to commandeer black bodies in order for their affluent, white friends to achieve mortality.

C. Horror can make you think, but that isn't its only goal, and it must always be frightening. 

  - That is why some people refuse to watch the genre. Sitting in a darkened room waiting to be scared isn't everyone's idea of fun, and while the dark fantasy isn't a replacement for horror, it can provide a gloomier, gloomy experience without the fear of death or gory imagery.

List of Questions:

- Do you believe in slasher films;

- chainsaw massacres;

- huntings?

- Is Jaws a horror movie? Or is it an adventure movie with horrific elements? 

Is Silence of the Lambs a horror movie or a crime thriller? 

- Is Aliens a horror movie or an action movie? 

RRL:

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/dark-fantasy-vs-horror/