Chapter 29

3RD PERSON POV:

"Use the boys...Use the boys."

Quirrel then turned to Y/N, "Come here, L/N. Now!" He called out as he clicked his fingers, and the ropes binding Y/N fell off. Y/N slowly got to his feet, ignoring the pain residing in his chest.

"Come here." Quirrel repeated. "Look into the Mirror and tell me what you see."

Y/N walked towards him.

'I can't tell him the truth.' Y/N thought desperately, 'I must look and lie to him about what I see, that all I need to do.'

Quirrel moved close behind him. Y/N was forced to breathe in the disgusting smell that seemed to come from Quirrel's turban. He closed his eyes, stepped in front of the Mirror, and opened them again. He saw the same thing he saw on Christmas night.

Older Hermione, looking as beautiful as ever, stood on his left

Older Hermione, looking as beautiful as ever, stood on his left. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a red blood stone. She then kneeled down a placed the Stone in Y/N's pocket. In reality he felt something drop into the same pocket Hermione had placed the Stone in. He then looked back at older Hermione who was still smiling at him, she then kissed his cheek and began to fade away.

"Well?" Quirrel said impatiently. "What did you say?"

"I saw my mom, and I was given an award by the Minster of Magic for my work as an auror." He lied, "My mom also said that she's proud of me."

"Ugh, get out of the way." Quirrel snapped as he pushed Y/N out from the sight of the Mirror. "Now you Potter!"

As Harry slowly made his way towards the Mirror, he glanced over to Y/N.

"I have the Stone." Y/N mouthed, secretly tapping his pocket.

Harry then looked into the Mirror and started staring into it. He was trying to build up some lies in his head.

"What do you see Potter?!" Quirrel asked impatiently.

"I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've helped win the House Cup for Gryffindor."

"THEY LIE!" A high pitched whisper spoke again.

"TELL THE TRUTH!" Quirrel yelled at Harry. "WHAT DO YOU SEE!"

"Let me speak to them."

Harry started backing away slowly as Quirrel spoke. "Master, you're not strong enough."

"I have enough strength for this."

Quirrel put his back towards the Mirror and started unwrapping his turban.

"Yes...take it off."

"That better be the only thing you're taking off." Y/N said, looking Quirrel up and down in disgust.