1: Neighbours

‼️DISCLAIMER: There's multiple comments already on this book about Toms status as an actor. HE IS NOT A FAMOUS ACTOR IN THE BOOK! This is an AU so keep that in mind! :)

"Shit." I cursed as the box of books I was carrying opened at the bottom.

The books splashed directly into an unfortunately placed puddle next to my feet. I sighed and sat the box down and collected the books, shaking each one before putting them back into the box. I eventually loaded the books back into the stupid box I now hated and held it at the bottom. I made my way inside my new flat building, kicking the door open and grunting as I ran through it before it closed again. I panted as I walked up the stairs, trying to watch where I was going. I finally made it to my flat and sat the box down. I pushed it inside and into the huge empty room.

The flat wasn't huge. It was a studio with a bathroom. The kitchen was directly to the left of the door and it was quite big, it had an L shaped counter and a kitchen island. Then there was a large open space where I'd have to somehow separate my living room to my bedroom...despite there being no walls. I had a balcony, though. Actually, it isn't really a balcony, it's a fire escape. But I was planning on sitting dramatically outside, with my legs hanging off the edge of the metal bars and a book in my hand, pretending to be the main character of a movie.

I sighed and galloped down the stairs again, opening the door and making my way out to my car again. I grabbed the next box which was stuff for the kitchen so I knew it would be heavy. I grunted as I lifted it. Jeez, it really was heavy. But I could lift it. I walked to the door and tried to kick it open. It didn't budge and I stumbled backwards, nearly falling flat on my butt.

I groaned, my head falling onto my shoulders in frustration. I lifted my knee and held the box on there with my left arm wrapped around it. I knocked at the door relentlessly.

No one came.

"Hello? Can someone help me please?" I called through the door.

No one came.

"Ugh!" I placed the box back on the ground and took deep breaths, frustration rising inside of me.

I forgot the bloody key to get in. I checked my phone. I hadn't written it down. Absolutely stupid.

Suddenly the door opened. I turned my head and looked at the man who was now outside, holding the door open with his foot.

"I guess you need some help." He said.

I scoffed, "Yes, I do."

He was very attractive. Curly, brown hair, chocolate coloured eyes. He was taller than me and was relatively muscular but not anything too much. Just right. He clearly worked out. He was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans with a lovely pairing of white socks and sliders.

He smiled and walked past me to pick up the box I had sat down. He smelled fresh like laundry with a faint hint of aftershave lingering on the material of his clothes.

"Hey, I can get the boxes I just forgot the key for the door." I said, rushing to pick up the box before he did.

I epically failed and nearly toppled over while lifting it, forgetting how heavy it was.

He laughed a little, "I'm here so I might as well help you." He shrugged.

I sighed in annoyance, "I don't need your help."