Trains

I walked into the train station. There were a few trains leaving, and a few coming. I scanned over the small stands in the station, selling flowers, candy, and other trinkets and gifts.

"The train to the city," I mumbled and dragged myself over to a bench. My train should be coming in a bit. I pulled out a plain turkey sandwich from my work bag and took a bite into it.

Don't think I've introduced myself. Well hello, my name is Miles. Miles Nguyen. I'm a male, and my dad is Asian and my mom is white. My blood type is A. My zodiac sign is Scorpio, and I work as a kindergarten teacher in the city. Okay, enough about me.

A young woman sat next to me, but trying to stay as far away as possible. I always see her here. I wonder where she's going. I've never met her. She's kind of pretty. Maybe I'm just plain terrible, because falling in love with strangers is mostly because of their looks.

She looked at me. The lady wore a knee-length white dress, and her hair was black at the top, then fades to a blonde, "Morning," she said. Her voice was distinct.

"Uh, hi?" I said, mouth full of turkey sandwich.

The lady laughed, "Don't speak with your mouth full!"

"S-sorry!!" I quivered.

"I'm just joking. I'm not your mama," she looked at the incoming train, "Gotta go. See you," she picked up her purse and started walking. The lady looked back and waved.

A small slip of paper dropped from one of her purse pockets. I ran to grab it, "Hey! You forgot th-"

The lady was already gone. I opened it up. It was a bill or receipt of some sort.

"MARINA DIAMANDIS
ORDER OF..."

It was a bill. Maybe she ordered something from some company. Her name was Marina. A lot was scratched or worn out. I could hardly make out the name... I'll give it back tomorrow.

I checked my watch. Finally. My train was here! I stuffed the bill in my pants pocket, presented my train ticket to the clerk and hopped on the train.

It was dark outside. Its 5:04 AM. Its also kind of cold. I wish I brought a heavier coat.