coffee shop

fluff !! first story in this book!! feel free to comment requests and suggestions !! lemme know if i made a mistake in my writing :) 

———————————————————————————————————————————————

author p.o.v 

___________________

y/n sat at the window seat in her favorite cafe and stared at the rain that was pouring down outside. she let out a little sigh of defeat. her interview that day had gone horribly; she stumbled over her words and spilled coffee on the person who would be her boss if she were to get the job. to top it all off, it had started to raining and her nice white blouse and black skirt were gonna get soaked. not to mention her nice shoes were gonna be ruined. she took a sip of her coffee and pulled out her phone to check the weather. the rain wasn't supposed to stop anytime in the near future and the cafe was gonna close soon. she accepted her fate and tried to enjoy her coffee as people around her packed their things up and left. 

as she finished her cup of coffee, someone tapped her shoulder. she jumped and turned around to see a boy who looked about twenty wearing one of the cafe's aprons. he had caramel brown hair with bangs that brushed his eyebrows. his eyes were big and doe-like and his lips looked so very soft. she instantly apologized, bowing her head to him. "i am so sorry for taking up your time. i'll be heading out right now" she said, cheeks a bit flushed from her embarrassment as she got up. "n-no it's okay!! i just noticed you didn't have an umbrella and uh... if you don't mind waiting... i just have to close up and then we can share my umbrella maybe? only if you want!! it's fine if you don't..." he stuttered out, his cheeks a rosy shade that matched hers.

y/n's eyes lit up as she replied, "really?? you're a lifesaver! if you could walk me to a convenience store that would be amazing!" he smiled brightly, "yeah! totally!" he answered. he took the cup from her hands and started towards the counter again. "just give me ten minutes!! i'm gonna finish up back here." he called over his shoulder. "okay!" she told him and took a seat again. she mindlessly scrolled through instagram while he worked. when he came out from the backroom wearing jeans, a white hoodie, and a green bomber jacket her breath caught a bit. nothing is more attractive than a handsome man who can dress well. he didn't seem to notice the look on her face and smiled boyishly.

"oh, i'm mark by the way! mark lee." he informed her with a small laugh. "i'm y/n! sorry, i was so excited over your offer i forgot my manners!" she joked with him, trying to get him to laugh again. the attempt doesn't fail and he giggled softly and his hand came up to cover his mouth. he led her to the door and opened the umbrella. he covered her head with the umbrella as they stepped outside. the small awning over the cafe entrance provided a little bit of protection from the rain. y/n stood with the umbrella as mark fiddled with the keys, locking up the cafe. when he was done, he took the umbrella from her and pulled her close with his other hand. 

she blushed a bit at the sudden closeness but she knew it was so that neither of them got wet. they walked down the street like that, crowded under mark's watermelon colored umbrella that was clearly made for one person. she stifled a laugh at the thought and leaned into him a bit. "so mark... how old are you?" she asked, looking up at him. he looked at her as well, the height difference making his features stretch into a smile. "i'm twenty-one! i'm in my last year of college... 'm majoring in music technology with a minor in music business!" his face was glowing as he talked about the field he wanted to go into. "wow mark... that's so cool!" she replied, a smile on her face at how cute he was. "what about you y/n?" he asked, looking at her with those big doe eyes. "well... i'm twenty-two, i'm a business major with a minor in marketing and currently looking for a job." she finished and let out a little sigh at the reminder.

mark moved his hand to take hers. "cheer up noona! you're gonna get a job soon i just know it!" he said, and because of the tone of his voice, she knew he meant it. she smiled at the term of endearment and gave his hand a little squeeze. "thank you mark~" she replied and laughed. "you're so sweet... do you often help random strangers?" she asked, looking at him and hoping the answer was no. he shook his head no and her smile widens. "no.. just the pretty ones.." he looked away after speaking his cheeks glowing red. y/n blushed as well, hand coming up to cover her mouth as she giggled. she pulled him a little closer with their joint hands. "thank you cutie," she mumbled to him, leaning her head against his shoulder.

as they reach the convenience store, she couldn't help but feel down that they would part ways here. they stepped inside the store and y/n picked out an umbrella and some snacks. after purchasing, she noticed mark still standing there. she walked over to him, curious as to what he was waiting for. "j-just wanted to make sure you got an umbrella and stuff..." he stuttered out. "awww i thought you were waiting for me... my mistake..." she replied, pretending to look down as she stands next to him.

there was a moment of silence before mark turned to her. "noona... can i have your number?" he asked, his cheeks a pretty shade of pink. he couldn't meet her eyes as he held out his phone to her. y/n grinned brightly, taking the device and saving her number under 'y/n noona' before handing it back to him. she opened her umbrella and then kissed his cheek. "text me when you get home?" she questioned, with a tilt of her head. he nodded quickly and she laughed, stepping back into the pouring rain. she walks home with her cheeks warm and head full of thoughts of the cute boy from the coffee shop.