Chapter Twenty-Four: Falling

A/N: I miss you guys! It's been so long because I'm working on school for now, so I will try to update when I can. However, I'm warning that you all should pay attention to the differences between italics and regular print. It'll make more sense that way, as always lol. Hopefully your teachers back in second grade taught you that italics is a flashback, if not, call me your teacher. It's insanely short, but I hope you all love it! The ending is... well, just read! Love y'all!

~CasuallyMe

Falling

Here we are, together
And everything between us is good
I'm right here in this cloud, baby
Ready to fly but before I take
Another step

Would you catch me if I fall for you?
'Cause I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling

I'm so used to standing
So used to being on my own
But this thing is new, baby
It feels like I'm losing control
I'll take another step

If you catch me when I fall for you
'Cause I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling

Will you promise to be there?
Stay by my side always?
Whenever I need you
Don't let me down, no, no

If I give you my all, don't let me fall
Would you do that for me, hold me?
Will you love, will you love me?

My heart is ready
For love and to be loved
And I chose you, baby
That's the one thing I'm sure of
So I will take this one last step

So catch me, I'm falling for you
I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling

I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling
I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling
I'm falling
I'm falling, I'm falling

"Fall for You" - Leela James

Tensions were high at the Livingston home in California. Joshua had called them to let them know that he loved them all, to tell each of them that he held nothing against them, and that if he happened to die, for them to not worry and take care of his beautiful wife and child. Needless to say everyone had tears streaming down their faces and wanted to jump in their cars and take off towards the shore house, but Joshua made them promise to not. Cameras were watching, and the last thing he needed was for this to blow up, and give their antagonists what they wanted-- publicity.

Their eyes were dry now as they huddled around the phone together, Naomi on the other line. No one was saying anything, they were just waiting. Waiting was the only thing they could do, and they were all hoping Joshua was handling his business. Never had a meeting meant so much, never had a meeting been so important to them, but this was a life-changer for each and every single one of them.

Naomi was grateful that she didn't have to go through this alone, that she had her family to hold her hand through it all. She was genuinely petrified of the outcome. She wanted to keep her thoughts positive and happy, but it was close to impossible when the love of her life's life was being threatened. He didn't deserve it. He was the sweetest, most caring, loving, happy, and genuine man she knew. That's why she married him. She couldn't figure out why anyone in their right mind would want to hurt him.

******************************************

Naomi was a mess. To tell a woman, especially a pregnant one with heightened hormones, that there was a possibility her husband would die was a slap in the face. It's as if you are about to take away her entire world... well for Naomi. Joshua was her everything, and just when she had begun to get used to the fact, someone told her that he could be taken away. She wasn't sure if she could handle the stress, especially with the birth of their child being so close. She wasn't sure if she could be strong for his family. She wasn't sure who would be the rock, considering everyone, including America, was in love with her husband.