chapter nine

it has been five days since that incident with the detective and i've finally gotten over my fever a day ago.

there are a couple things i find odd, and there are many things my mind has been occupied with as i had lots of time to do nothing but think, being alone in bed most of the days.

jungkook is never here. i'm sick and he even told me he would take care of me, but he doesn't get back until one or two in the morning.

usually by then i'm either out cold, or one of those nights i caught him coming back while i was in the kitchen getting water.

i think it was around... two-thirty?

another two things i have found seemingly odd are that one; he never even suspected or asked about why i asked him if he remembered me that day we ran into each other on the street. and two being that... i never gave him my phone number so i don't get how he got it in the first place.

also, ever since jungkook has been staying with me.. those strange calls have stopped. i haven't gotten one since. now don't you think that is a little odd?

i've been trying to play detective... and what if it was really him. i mean, look at it this way, ever since he has been staying here... he really can't make a call because i would hear him, but at the same time.. couldn't he make a call when he is out for almost all day long?

it was a little confusing, but i know that it has to be jungkook or my uncle.. or one of his men.

there couldn't be anyone else that would make sense.. right? unless that stalker from the grocery store was making those calls, but i don't know.

regardless of my suspicions and about everything else, jungkook and i have gotten closer and i think it is to a point where i'm actually real comfortable with him.

he made me use the money my uncle gave me to pay off my rent and to be honest... it felt so good once i did it.

it is currently five in the afternoon and ever since i woke up at ten this morning and took a shower, i've been laying in my room on my bed, scrolling through stuff on my laptop.

i was mostly looking for a better job and now that i'm searching online, i have finally realized i'm even dumber than i thought. why did i go out to find a job about a week ago without searching the internet first? it would have saved me time, energy, and frustration.. but of course i never use my brain so i never really thought to do something that smart.

i swear, no joking, i am probably going to end up getting kidnapped and all that because i'm so slow when it comes to actually using my brain.

but all the suspicions and everything aside and bringing everything back to the man... i think there is something i can't keep running from.. and that is... i think i'm starting to have feelings for jungkook.

i mean, honestly, who wouldn't? he is sweet, charming and handsome, can cook and take care of you, and he is a very comfortable person to be around.

sometimes he makes me suspicious, but there is just something about him that makes him so much different from everyone else.

letting out a sigh, my stomach started growling, my hand coming up to close my laptop and place it beside me on the bed.

i was only wearing a striped tank top with nothing underneath and some shorts because i didn't think jungkook would be back until later tonight.

slowly, i got up off the bed and made my way to the kitchen to get something to eat.

combing a hand through my hair, i stepped inside the kitchen, heading for the fridge to see if there was any leftovers from what jungkook made me the night before. he prepares food for me before he leaves, something that i also am very fond of... something that makes my feelings more real than i would have imagined.