Two

Another day, come and gone. I woke up, thinking about how much time had passed. Having windows was something I took for granted. I pushed my back up against a column and shifted, trying to get my muscles to relax and loosen.

I decided to count the days I had marked. From where I was sitting, I couldn't see the first line but i could see the others.

It was July 31st.

Happy birthday Harry, I thought.

The gate opened but I didn't move this time. I didn't even think I could stand.

"Cora."

Draco had come for a visit. How nice of him.

I put my hand out from behind the column, resting it on the floor. He would have to search for me because there was no way I was making myself known so easily. His feet hurried to me and he hesitated once he reached me. I couldn't quite read his face but a part of me didn't want to.

He looked strange.

Maybe I was starting to go a little crazy.

He bent down and pulled out a satchel from inside his coat. He put it in my hand and clasped my fingers around it.

"You've got a small window. Mum says we have to go now or it'll be too late." Draco said in a rush.

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"We're getting you out of here." He said bluntly.

He put his hands over my mouth and pulled me to my feet. I let out a loud grunt of pain, muffled into his hand and leaned on him as he walked me out of the dungeon. I pushed my legs to move, knowing he wouldn't be able to carry me the whole way.

He pulled me down before we reached the top of the stairs and I pressed my back against the wall, taking deep breaths. If we were really doing this, I needed to push harder than I ever have before.

"Alright let's go." Draco wrapped my arm around his neck again and we walked quickly away from the living room and out to the garden. There would be deatheaters patrolling the grounds but usually they stay far outside of the garden.

I noticed this my last few times above ground and it was only when Voldemort was around did they patrol the garden. I didn't know what was going on or where everybody was, but I knew Draco would be in big trouble if we didn't hurry.

He stopped us behind a hedge and pulled out a piece of paper. "Instructions. Snape is part of the Order and they have a safe house. Go there and lay low."

"For how long?" I asked, holding my stomach.

"As long as you must." Draco kissed my forehead gently and put the paper in my free hand after wrapping the strings of the bag around my wrist.

"What is all this?"

"Clothes, potions. Food. Mum is great with extension charms." Draco smiled a little. "We have to go. Hold on."

Draco grabbed my elbows and a familiar tug made my chest cave. Suddenly we were standing in the middle of an abandoned street and my stomach finally gave way. I turned the other way and threw up. I hadn't eaten much so I wasn't sure what came up but I felt loads better when it did.

Draco rubbed my back as I coughed and leaned my hands on my knees.

"Gross." I whimpered.

"I have to go. The safe house is just down the street." Draco said. I stood up and wiped my mouth with my sleeve. "Be safe."

"You too."

He nodded and walked away, apparating almost instantly. I unfolded the piece of paper and read Snape's handwriting. I followed every instruction; finding the house, saying the spell, even going inside. I locked the door and stopped as the dust on the floor picked up with invisible wind.