Jealousy- Azula centric

Summary: Years after the Agni Kai, after they won the war. Zuko hosts a get together at the palace. Azula can't help but notice everyone is moving forward much quicker than herself.

Words: 1,726

Mai 

Azula is known to notice small details and piece together things quicker than most. However, Mai and Ty Lee's relationship was the last thing she expected. Now as she lays in her bed, staring up at the large canopy above her she knows why out of all the things, this is what she couldn't predict. 

Of course at first the only reason she could come up with would be Mai's expressionless self, and it made sense. Then again Azula has seen Mai when Zuko was around when they were much younger, and that couldn't have been the case. 

It wasn't until her therapist, Dr. Tanaka, has talked to her that it became abundantly clear. After quite a long time of denial Azula had finally come to terms with it. 

It was her own feelings for Ty Lee. 

Azula had known about it for much longer than she would like to admit, she just hated the idea of it. The idea that homosexuality was the worst possible thing, next to the Avatar himself.

Sometimes, even now, when she looks at Ty Lee and her stomach does that thing it does, her mind drifts to Ozai. How he would talk to her about some person hes sent away for betraying the forefathers. 

Sighing, she swung her legs over and stood up, glancing at the mirror as she walked by. The strand of hair brushing against her face was starting to make everything unbearable. Though when she moved back into the palace Zuko took away most of the sharper objects there was no doubt she could maybe find scissors and cut that strand-

Azula stopped in her tracks and took a deep breath in. Dr. Tanaka was a big one on making her breathe and it did help, no matter how stupid she thought it was to stop and just breathe like a complete dimwit, it helped. 

Walking down the hall, photos bombarding the walls that had too much red-even for the fire nation. Even with her stomach rumbling she couldn't help but stop on front of Mai's door. Ty Lee's bubbly laughter erupting from behind it. 

"Please Mai?" 

"No Ty, you can't go painting my knives." 

More giggling came, and a few hushed voices followed and she swore she could hear Mai gasp. "Fine, but make it quick Zukos got that party today." Azulas stomach twisted and she had to move, she had to or else she was sure that door would be burnt down. 

Zuko 

It was humorous for Azula to watch her brother fidget around the palace workers, even though he's been doing it for seven years now. It was pretty difficult for her to get over as well. 

She would like to say she knew Zuko well, but the truth was she didn't.

Maybe it was when he came back after being banished, or when she got back from her six years and eight months of therapy she had before she was allowed to even look at the palace.