Prolouge

It was a quiet evening, the distant yells of excited children had slowly faded away as they returned home. A man with untidy black hair stood sleepily in a quaint kitchen, drying and putting away dishes. The kitchen was lit with a low glow from a lamp, and the street light outside glowed through the kitchen window, casting a silvery light on the mans glasses as he stared out it. 

He paused a moment, the clinking of dishes stopping with him. A soft humming tune was carrying down the stairs, a womens voice could be heard whispering softly in between hums. The man turned around, facing towards where the sound was coming from. 

He leaned against the counter, dish cloth still in hand. Closing his eyes as he listened to her. He pushed himself forwards, tossing the dish cloth onto the counter beside him and pushing his messy hair out of his eyes. 

He turned a corner and walked up a short flight of stairs, skipping a step halfway up and slowing his movements as he reached the top. Creeping slowly towards a door at the end of the hall. The door was open, and there was a women with long dark red hair in a chair in the corner of the room. 

She was leaning close to a large crib beside her, where two dark haired young children were almost asleep. Lulling slowly as their Mum hummed a familiar tune. 

The women looked over her shoulder, smiling with a very loving look in her eyes as she saw the man. He smiled back in the same way, moving to crouch on the ground beside her. He laid his head against her, and listened while she soothed the babies to sleep. 

"I see they are finally going down, it's a late one for them." The man whispered. 

"Yes, with all of the commotion of Halloween they have been restless... they are so curious what is going on out there." She said in a similar whisper, letting out a breathy chuckle.

"I wish we could just-" The man said, sitting up and shaking his head, but the women cut him off.

"James we can't..." 

"I know Lily, I know." 

They sat in silence awhile, watching the kids. They looked peaceful and quiet. Suddenly, a loud crashing downstairs shook the entire house. The two sleeping children woke with a start, the boy letting out a whimpering cry. 

James shot up to a standing position, his eyes fixed on the women, who was looking up at him with a terrified expression. "Stay here. I will see what is going on, it can't be what we think it is.." He said, not truly believing the words he was saying.

He kissed the top of Lily's head, and took off towards the stairs. He had just reached the bottom, and looked out into the living room when he saw it. A cloaked man, his face completely hidden underneath his dark hood. 

He was standing just feet away from James, his arm out stretched, his wand ready. Fear flashed across Jame's face, and he groped his pockets looking for his own wand. But it wasn't there.. it was upstairs. 

"Lily! Take the kids and run! I will hold him off." James yelled, and the hooded man laughed. His laugh was like ice, cool and high. Humourless. 

James launched himself at the man, but just as he got close there was a bright flash of light, and he hit the ground. Crumbling just a few feet beyond the stairs. 

Upstairs, Lily knew there was no where for her to go, so she barricaded herself in the nursery. She looked around frantically, trying to come up with a plan. But all she could hear was the sound of her children crying, and all she could think about was her husband. Who was possibly dead in their living room. 

She heard the laughter, and then the creak of the one stair halfway up the staircase. Fear flooded her veins, icy cold fear. She turned to look at her two children, and cast a blanket over them. She dropped to the ground, crouching in front of the bars.

"Momma loves you, Dadda loves you, you are so so loved." She kept repeating this over and over, until a loud blast sent the door flying off its hinges. She let out a curdling scream, and the children cried harder. 

The hooded man stopped at the door, looking at her through the darkness under his hood. "Step aside you stupid girl, or you will end up just like your husband." He spoke.

"No! Kill me, take me instead. Leave Harry alone, take me!" She spoke, her voice shaking with tears.

"Step, aside." He said again.

"No, no! Kill me instead, please."

"I will say this one last time, step aside. You can live out the rest of your foolish life with your daughter, but if you don't. I kill them both."

"I would rather you kill me, than let you touch my children!" Lily screamed.

The man let out a terrible laugh that chilled the room. He raised his wand and pointed it directly at Lilys chest, her outstretched arms that she was using to block the crib, leaving herself a perfect target.

There was another flash of light, and Lily let out another scream, falling motionless to the floor.

The hooded man stepped over her, and with a flick of his wand he was staring down at two young children. They had thick, dark hair and bright green eyes. he pointed his wand at the little boy, directly at his head. 

He glanced to the mirror on his left, a smirk playing across his lips before he looked back down at the boy, his grip on his wand tightening.

"Avada Kadavra!" The hooded man yelled triumphantly. 

But the flash of green was too big, it filled the room, rebounding off of the child and hitting the hooded man directly in the chest. He let out a ghostly scream of pain, and as if he had exploded the room was blown apart. The hooded man disappeared into the darkness, leaving behind the wailing baby boy, and the unconscious baby girl behind. 

Hello!! As you can see I have unpublished Through Her Eyes... It was my first book, and it definitely needs some TLC! So I am doing some major rewrites, the plot is the same, but the story is going to flow very different. XOX Em