Loving Lexus: The Past

Four years ago...

The engagement party was successful, maraming guests ang dumalo sa party namin ni Selene. From the very start, I knew that this would happen that's why I tried to get closer to her as much as possible. I should be happy now that Selene and I are already engaged, dahil from the start ay iyon ang plano but everything changed when I met Lexus.

"And now, let's introduce our newly engaged couple. Mr. Harrison Clark Vicente and Ms. Selene Dionne Alvarado!" The emcee announced.

I held Selene's hand and went up to the stage with her. My eyes automatically searched for Lexus in the room, and there he is, drinking wine.

Seems like Selene noticed that I was not on focus that's why she lightly squeezed my hand.

"Okay ka lang?" Pabulong niyang tanong sa akin.

Tumango ako. "Yeah."

After that, Lexus is nowhere to be found.

While the party goes on, I excused myself and tried searching for him, hoping that it isn't too late to say sorry.

Nakakapangsisi pa rin na sana ay agad ko na lang sinabi sa kanya, pero may mababago ba? Wala rin naman akong choice. Ayoko lang na mawala siya sa akin at gusto ko pa siyang makasama sa natitirang panahon bago ako ikasal kay Selene.

Mahal ko si Selene, pero hindi kagaya ng pagmamahal ko kay Lexus. I only love her as a friend or as a sibling.

I opened my phone and tried dialling his number, pero hindi niya pa rin ito sinasagot.

Hanggang sa natapat ako sa entrance ng rooftop at narinig ang boses ni Lexus.

"I fucking hate you Harris! I hate you so much!" He screamed so loud, I hear it. Ang sakit marinig ng mga salitang yun galing sa kanya.

I tried to walk up the rooftop but I saw my older brother, Andrew.

Andrew was the first son of my dad from her first wife, who eventually died because of leukemia.

He used to live with us when we were in high school, but after that he decided to leave.

"Hey."

"Hello there, Harris." Sabi niya. "Congratulations nga pala sa inyong dalawa ni Selene."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wait... you're cool with it?"

"Do I have a choice? Dad wanted you to marry her dahil ikaw ang unico hijo niya, and you're younger than me. So yeah." He casually answered. "Please take care of her, will you?"

"Sure. If you'll go up there and be with Harris, will you take care of him for me too?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He answered shortly.

"By the way, you know I never liked Selene right?" Tanong ko sa kanya.

"Of course, bata pa lang tayo magkasama na tayo. I know that." He replied and smiled. "Sige, puntahan ko na siya." Pagpapaalam nito sa akin tsaka na pinuntahan si Lexus.

Knowing Andrew, I was confident. Alam kong kaya niyang alagaan si Lexus para sa akin. Same thing goes with me.

Bata pa lang kami, gusto na ni Andrew si Selene and I was okay with it. Alam ko kasing bata pa lang ako iba na ako, alam kong wala akong gusto sa mga babae.

But I tried concealing it after Dad decided to arrange a marriage for me and Selene. I guess that was the reason why Andrew left our house.

If he only knew that I didn't want this to happen. If he only knew what I really wanted.

Bahagya akong sumilip sa kanilang dalawa upang makita ko kung anong ginagawa nila.

"I hate him too." Sabi ni Andrew kay Lexus. I can't help but chuckle on what Andrew said. Palabiro pa rin talaga siya kahit kailan.

Lexus immediately noticed him. Andrew shouldn't be the one who's there. It should be me.

While I was busy watching them, my phone vibrated on my pocket. It was Selene.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you? Your parents need you."

"I just went to the bathroom. I'll be right back shortly. Bye." Sambit ko at ibinaba na ang phone. Muli na naman akong sumulyap sa kanilang dalawa at muli ko na namang nasilayan ang ngiti ni Lexus, na sa huling pagkakataon ko na lamang pala makikita.