Done Waiting

Xiaoge

"Xiaoge, I'm sick and don't have much time left." Zhang Qiling hear Wu Xie's sad and broken voice on the phone before he suddenly hang off without offering more explanations. He had been out in the mountains when he receive the call and was a bit surprised that Wu Xie will do so in the middle of the night. The one who periodically called him, even when he didn't answer more than a few words was Pangzi, keeping him updated of what the two of them were doing at the time.

Wu Xie was different, he leave him be when he needed to get away, trusting he would be fine and keep himself out of troubles when there was no need of them. Wu Xie knew that the two of them been together for long periods of time had a certain weight on him, as the more they shared the harder it was for him to be parted with the man he loved.

However, even in his worst nightmares, Zhang Qiling had never expected to lose Wu Xie so suddenly, so his body was froze in place as Wu Xie's words strike him hard right into the core of what he was. Then, deep pain assaulted his heart as he realize that Wu Xie was sick and he was going to lose him forever sooner than later. He was not ready to face such tragedy... he couldn't lose him so suddenly... he had hoped for more years, yet fate was a cruel thing. He had run away when it was too much to take and now, he was running out of time. Just out of time...

He screamed his pain out, right in between frozen mountains, which only echo his heartbreak back at him tenfold, making him feel weak on his knees for the first time in a very long time, to finally give in right over the cold snow. Tears run down his cheeks as he grabbed his jacket over his bleeding heart and he let them fall for a while as he try to calm down again.

That was really not the time to breakdown, because Wu Xie needed him now. He had called him because he wanted to see him and to be with him on his final journey, whatever time he had left. So he stood once more and right there, he make a promise to himself that no matter how painful it turn out to be for him later to lose Wu Xie so soon, he will not live with any regrets. He was done waiting for the things that will probably never happen if not pushed and now it was the time to act.

With a strong resolve on his mind, Zhang Qiling went back to the hut he was staying in and packed his things in a hurry, to finally travel to the nearest town and book a train ride. Keeping his feelings in hold, he will go back to his true home, Wushanju and put an end to his platonic relationship with Wu Xie once and for all.

Wu Xie

It had been a few days since he was discharged from the hospital and despite feeling a bit tired, he was doing well on Wushanju. Pangzi was overly taking care of him, making him 'healthy' food so he could recover from his latest ordeal faster. Obviously, he was coughing now more than he used to, which make Pangzi that way these days.

That night, they were sat on the entrance, casually talking about a messagehe received from his long lost uncle, while having some drinks. Deep inside, he was heartbroken and lost at to what to do next. Yes, he had compulsively tell Xiaoge about him running out of time, that he was sick, but he had no idea of how to tell Pangzi about it. Fatty was more emotional than Xiaoge was and he knew he was going to breakdown on him once the words were out of his lips. So to keep him from that, he remained silent and let time pass.

However, that night he was in for a surprise in more than one way, as suddenly the main door of their little home was pushed open to reveal a handsome man, dressed in all black with a hoody over his head. Seen Xiaoge back home in the middle of the night, Pangzi was quite delighted to see him again and stood up to welcome him with open arms, yet for Wu Xie seen him there, so handsome and imposing, it was a more emotional encounter.