Moving On

Xaioge

After a while on that faithful night, he had Wu Xie resting on his arms, after they had make love in such a passionate way. At the end, his luck had proven to be stronger than his now lover, but Qiling had make sure that Wu Xie has enjoyed their first time tenfold, making him come twice under sensual touches, care and devoted love. Now, his man was tired and he let him rest over his chest, hearing as his heart beats and his Qilin to show almost permanently, keeping Wu Xie warm.

Although he was tired from his hasted travel back home and later, making love with the man he had love since he was a young kid, full of curiosity, pureness and naivety, he could not help himself but to stare at Wu Xie as he sleep. He was never tired to look at him for long periods, carefully committing to memory all those new lines that he had gained with age.

Then he stop as he look at the long scar on his neck. That one was painful to watch, as it had been such a close call, like a preview of what was happening now, of how close he was to lose him forever. Even if his memories where still fragmented at some parts, he knew deep inside that healing Wu Xie was not impossible when dealing with ancient mysteries and secrets, but he wonder if there was enough time to do so on his condition.

Still, he was going to try his best to keep him alive for long enough to take away all those things Wu Xie did to himself in his darkest moments, while he was away inside the Bronze Gate.

"Wu Xie... I love you." Qiling whisper as he kissed the crown of his head and gently combed his hair. There was guilt in his heart for not been there when he needed him the most, but then again, if he didn't took Wu Xie's place on the Gate, maybe things would had turned bad too, as he was not sure as to what the Gate could do to him while inside. He just couldn't risk him while so young, losing ten full years of his life when he was at his prime and full of that youthful innocent energy that had captivate his heart.

As he keeps pondering, Wu Xie stirred slightly over his chest, moving his head a bit closer to his neck and grabbing him tighter around his waist, then coughed a few times and Qiling rubbed his back, as Wu Xie try to breathe better.

"Are you okay?" Qiling whisper, once the coughing stopped, luckily with no traces of blood on his hand.

"Yeah, did I wake you?" Wu Xie asked.

"No. Do you need medicine? I will get it for you." He offer and Wu Xie pointed at the drawer beside the bed. Qiling assented and got off bed, to bring him a glass of water to take the pills.

Wu Xie watched him moved around the room and was glad they were finally together. Xiaoge was definitely that he had wanted for long, that it seems like a dream to be his in both body and soul. Even if they had bathed and dressed back after their hot love making, Xiaoge was still shirtless, mostly because Wu Xie had said he loved to see his Qilin showing up on his chest. He smiled, thinking that his Xiaoge was now spoiling him rotten.

"Here, drink..." Xiaoge said as he sat by him and offer the glass of water and the pills case. Wu Xie took the ones he was supposed to sallow and drink the water slowly, then give the glass back.

"Go back to sleep, you need the rest." Xiaoge said as he pull the covers up to Wu Xie's chest, to keep him warm, but his lover only patted the bed, so Xiaoge will lay down next to him once again. Which he did, taking Wu Xie back to his arms.

"Xiaoge... I want to find my uncle... as you said before, I don't want to live with any regrets." Wu Xie whisper.

"Alright. Just don't push yourself too hard." Xiaoge said as he keep combining Wu Xie's hair with his long fingers.

"That will be hard to prevent, we had always been reckless while tomb raiding." Wu Xie smiled slightly.

"It's different now." Xiaoge pointed and Wu Xie sighed.

"I still have a few months left. It will be fine."

"Of that I will make sure." Xiaoge guaranteed him.

"So... will you stay with us this time?" WuXie asked, although he already knew the answer.

"Of course." He said as he kissed his forehead.

"Mmm... you know... this feels so good... why did we waited this long?" Wu Xie asked.

"Fate." Was Xiaoge answer. "Will you tell Pangzi?" Qiling asked.

"Not now... he will worry a lot and try to stop me. At this point, I rather die on the road that on a cold hospital bed." Wu Xie admitted and Qiling hold him closer.

"That this will kill you in months is not writing on stone." Qiling insisted.

"We will have to wait and see. I also hope for a miracle, but Xiaoge, if it is my time to go..." Qiling silence the rest with a soft kiss on Wu Xie's lips.

"Xiaoge..."

"If I have to let you go, I will, but until then, I will keep trying to save you." Wu Xie smiled warmly and kiss him back for a few minutes before he felt sleepy again.

"Go back to sleep. You can tell me what you find tomorrow." Qiling murmur, moving on the bed to make Wu Xie more comfortable.

"Ah, thinking about tomorrow, just what did you said to Pangzi? He never came back from buying those beers." At that Qiling smirked.

"He knows..."

"Of course he does, I'm sure you told him."

"Wu Xie, my feelings for you are not exactly hidden, nor yours. Even Li Cu knows..." Wu Xie blushed a little at that.

"I guess... damn, no wonder uncle Er Bai no longer press me to marry anymore. I guess he is really considering my proposal to make Li Cu my inheritor."

"Will you not tell him either?"

"Not yet. He is studying so wholeheartedly, I don't want to make him quit to follow us."

"It's your choice."

"Do you think I'm wrong?"

"No. It's hard to process."

"Was it... too hard when I told you?"

"It was... still is." Qiling confessed, just before he moved his handsome face down to kiss Wu Xie again, just to show him how hard it was for him hearing such disastrous news. Wu Xie didn't wanted to cause Xiaoge's pain, but he needed to tell it to someone. His special someone that he misses so much and it was in need to see him again before his time was up.

That it had make Xiaoge take the initiative to a deeper relationship had been unexpected, but very welcome after so many years yearning for him in silence. Whatever he end up finding a miracle as he search for his uncle into the unknown or his life end while in the middle of their journey it was really up to fate, but at the very least, he came to share his life with the best friend ever, which was Pangzi, and others like Xie Hua and Xiazi, a caring family, as the Wu's were and to give himself to the one he loved and be loved back.

Thus looking back at his life, even thought it was far from been perfect and he had committed mistakes he was not proud off, at least he had live to the fullest around those he cared for and at the very end, he had gained the biggest blessing of all, which was having Zhang Qiling in his life, as a friend and protector at first, then as a lover when he need it the most. He could not ask for anything better, other than hope it will last longer... a very lot longer.

AN: This is for those who wanted and extra shot. I hope it came out fine. Thanks for reading and see you another time.