Chapter 45. Ferreting Out Trouble ☾

A/N: I know guys I have not updated since idk a week cuz me and my family just shifted to a new house...but I should have updated long ago but all the I didn't have time but here it is...:) & thank you for 33K I mean it was 29K when I last updated thank you all <3

Of all the things Harry could have done without, the fallout from the Goblet of Fire would have been on the top of the list. He hated the way people began treating him after he was chosen for the "Deathtrap Games". Maybe he should write a book on it and call it "The Hunger Games" or something. He thought for a moment. No, who would read a book about a bunch of kids basically dying in a gameshow like setting?

The worst so far this time was Ron's constant badgering. When was he going to learn that Harry did not want to be a Triwizard Champion? Speak of the devil, Harry thought as he saw Ron coming to sit down next to him at breakfast. Harry looked down at his oatmeal and pretended he thought it was very interesting.

"You're really not going to tell me how you did it?" Ron pleaded. Harry rolled his eyes and ignored the redhead. Draco, who was beside Harry, took up the reins in the fight against stupidity.

"Weasel, when will you get it through your thick head that Harry did not put his name in the Goblet of Fire? He isn't dumb enough to put his name in for something so dangerous. Like he always says, he wasn't looking for trouble. Trouble always finds him." Draco paused for a moment. "Even if he did put his name in the Goblet, why does it matter how? It's not like you can do the same. The champions have already been chosen."

"But how?" Ron pressed. Draco rolled his eyes.

"It's not even the right question, Weasel. Putting his name in the Goblet isn't the interesting thing. There are ways to do that, not that Harry sought those out. The real question is how he could have confounded the Goblet to pick a fourth name. That is the real mystery. The Goblet was programmed to pick three names-one from each school. The fact that Cedric and Harry both were picked means someone had to tamper with the Goblet for it to think there was a fourth school and that Harry was the only volunteer from that school. That takes a mastermind. That definitely could not be Harry." Draco lectured. Neville smirked. Harry looked affronted.

"Hey! Are you saying I'm not smart?" Harry inquired. Draco rolled his eyes.

"As a fourth year with no outside magical training?" Draco hissed. Harry caught on. Neville overheard this and became more interested. However, Harry turned back to Ron and continued the previous conversation.

"Oh, yeah. Ron, I've told you many times and I won't tell you again. I did not put my name in the Goblet of Fire. I did not ask someone else to put my name in the Goblet of Fire. I do not want to be a part of these games. I actually kind of like my life. I'm not going to throw it away for the miniscule chance of winning with my life intact. I'm sick and tired of everyone thinking I'm an attention seeking brat with a death wish. I'm not. I'm Harry, just Harry, the kid who wants to go to school, learn about magic, one day get married, and start a family. I do not now, nor have I ever, wanted attention or all eyes on me. It makes me uncomfortable and I think it's downright rude for people to act the way they do around me. Get it through your thick skull. I DIDN'T WANT THIS!" Harry yelled. It just so happened that at that exact moment, the entire Great Hall had fallen into a lull in conversation. Harry had yelled so loudly that it caught everyone's attention. Suddenly, all eyes were on Harry.

Harry turned bright red and sat down, hunching his shoulders and trying to look small. Draco huffed and stood up.

"Get back to your breakfasts. Nothing to see here." Draco commanded. Everyone was whispering quietly now, taking not-so-subtle glances over at the Gryffindor table. Hermione-who had spent the entire time with her nose in a book-got up and helped Harry to his feet. Draco and she maneuvered Harry out of the Great Hall and to a place where Harry could compose himself before class.