𝓑𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮

Screams pierced through the cold night air. My heart was pounding in my throat as I ran through the brush blindly.

Damn it, they've found us!

Even from far away my mates fear was suffocating me.

Mika!! Are you okay??

No answer.

Panic settles into my through as I burst through the edge of the woods seeing my house engulfed in flames. Those devilish purple flames almost taunting me as I changed back to my human form.

"Boss!" My second in command came running up, blood soaked, green eyes dancing with bloodlust and exhaustion. "Demons have infiltrated the hideout. Two members of our pack have been killed, four wounded."

"And Mika?" I gasped. She shook her head.

"No sign of her at all." Several more of my pack members come limping out of the burning house. And then I caught a whiff of it through the smell of burnt flesh and singed hair. The scent I never wanted to smell again.

"That damn demon." I growled, making my way towards the house.

"But boss-"

"Stay here and take care of the pack. Don't worry about me!" I snapped, entering the house.

The smell was unbearable. I glanced round, trudging through broken glass, broken furniture and broken dreams.

"Mika!" I screamed. No answer. One of the rogues screamed something at me incoherently as I made my way up the stairs.

I tried reaching out to Mika through our bond but it was like she wasn't there. Like she never existed.

I kicked down the door to our bedroom and froze. There was my mate standing in a ripped black dress with her back towards me.

"Mika..?" I whisper, stepping inside. She chuckles turning around.

"You need to get out of here." Her blue eyes brimming up with tears. The scent from early smacked me in the face as I watch in horror as Mika's blue eyes turn completely jet black.

"Hello Samuel." The crisp voice sent chills down my spine.

"Get out of her body Vanessa!" She laughs, strutting too close to the window.

"Now why would I do that? This is waaaaayyy too much fun." She flicks Mika's purple hair over her shoulder. "You should've listened to our warning Samuel and now you'll never see the light of day again."

As she said those words it felt like my entire soul got sucked out of my body followed by a silent scream as Mika's body drops out the window.

And that was the very last thing I had seen before my entire vision went black and my body went limp.