2. First day of school

Olivia P.O.V.

My alarm clock wakes me up in the morning. I stretch and turn it off as I go to the bathroom to get ready for school.

Once I finally got to school it takes me some wandering around to find the principal's office. I got my books and my schedule and walked into my first class. I know it's already been a month or so since school started, but I moved I have an excuse to be late. Not that it matters, I'm just making everyone notice me.

Someone might say that it's interesting to move and attending a new school. To start over and all that, but I don't. I mostly have a tough time making new friends, and because of my past that I am trying so hard to put behind me, I think I will find it hard even talking to someone.

At my new class, I introduce myself as Olivia, and that from today on I will be in this class. I got seated in the back beside a boy. He doesn't say anything to me, neither look my way. When I think about it, that may be a good thing. But he seems somewhat familiar to me.

He is wearing some black boots with black loose pants, with straps and pockets everywhere. That reminds me of a hero in a fiction movie. Like the black military pants kind of vibe. He wears a white V-neck t-shirt with a leather jacket. His hair is chocolate-deep brown, but I cannot seem to see his face. It is buried in a book, and it is not even a schoolbook. It's? I don't even know it looks like a fantasy book.

When the class is over, I get up to leave when the boy sitting next to me grabs me by my wrist. His eyes meet with mine and that's when I realize. It's the boy from the woods. "Oh, it's you again," I say trying to sound disappointed, but I can hear that it didn't get through. It was more mixed with curiosity. He seems to remember me as well by the look on his face. He lets go of my hand and stands up in front of me. When we are standing so close, I realize that he is a head taller than me. I look up at him expecting some kind of greeting or at least a name.

"What is it?" I try again to snap him out of his thoughts. I don't want to admit it, but he is attractive and hot, to say the least. However, I don't want him to know I think that highly about him, his ego seems high enough.

"Mateo, I guess we'll be seeing you in class." He walks past me before I even get to wrap my head around what he just said. When he walked past me the smell of men's perfume hit my nose. It smelled good though. His words were cold. Scratch what I said, I thought he seemed okay before, but now? I realize I was wrong. He is cold-hearted. He doesn't even act the same way as he did in the woods yesterday.

It felt like the room was falling a couple of degrees too. I cross my arms and walk out of the classroom. There is something about him that makes my skin grow cold. It's getting on my nerves.

When it's finally time for lunch I sit down at a table by myself. I don't know anyone besides Mateo, and I don't want to be with him. Even if it's as simple as eating together. I don't even know where he is so it's out of the question anyway. Two girls walk straight towards me and sit down beside me. One on each side of me. The one to the right is blond with blue eyes, and the one on the left has brown hair and dark eyes. They look like yin and yang. Completely opposites of each other.

"Hi, my name is Mia," she says and points at herself. "And this is Sophie." She points at her dark-haired friend on the other side of me. "How is your first day going so far?" At least she is nice enough to talk to the new girl. At least I didn't have to take responsibility for the conversation. She seems nice too. I think before turning to think about her question.

"It's been good so far." I try to sound enthusiastic, and by the looks of it she got my enthusiasm and joined in on it. She smiles at me, and I smile back. I have decided that I want to start over, or I will at least try. I mean how bad could it get? You know what I am just not going to answer that because then my mind will start all these scenarios on how this could go so wrong. I overthink a lot these days.