Chapter 3- The Boys

"Bye, mom!" Y/N called as she walked out of her apartment. "Bye sweetheart, have a good day!" Her mom yelled back. "I will!"

Y/N walked next door to Daniel's apartment and knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Daniel standing there, his backpack on his shoulder and a pair of sunglasses covering his brown eyes. "Hey, Daniel. You ready?" Y/N asked. Daniel nodded and the two waved goodbye to his mom before going to get their bikes. "So what's with the sunglasses? Are you going for an edgy look?" Y/N teased. "No. I'm using them to cover my black eye." Daniel replied, getting on his bike.

"Speaking of your black eye, how did your mom take it?"

"She freaked out of course."

"Did you tell her how you got it?"

"I told her I fell off my bike."

"And she believed you?"

"Yes, she did."

"Wow either you're a good liar or your mom is in denial."

"I think it's both."

The two started laughing before getting on their bikes and pedaling to school, chatting the whole way. They soon arrived at the school and got off their bikes, taking in their surroundings. "Ready?" Y/N asked, looking at her friend. Daniel nodded. "Ready."

The two locked their bikes into a bike rack before making their way across the parking lot, heading to the entrance. As they were walking, Daniel suddenly stopped in his tracks, making Y/N stop as well. "Daniel what's wr-" She stopped when she followed his gaze. Johhny Lawrence and his gang of Cobra Kai's were leaning against their motorcycles, talking and goofing around. One boy, the brunette one who had grabbed Y/N, looked up, his eyes meeting hers. Y/N looked away and grabbed Daniel's hand, pulling him along.

The boy decided to leave his friends and follow them, wanting to talk to Y/N. Johnny watched as his friend ran after Y/N, feeling a bit angry and annoyed. Not only was she holding Daniel's hand, but his friend was going to be Mr. Nice Guy and sweep her off her feet. He didn't know why he was so angry, he just met the girl yesterday, and she slapped him and called him an asshole. Johnny ignored his inner thoughts and went back to some stupid nonsense one of his friends was talking about.

"Hey wait up!" A voice called behind Y/N and Daniel. Y/N looked behind her to see the brunette boy running after them. Daniel, fearing the worst took off, leaving Y/N. Wow, thanks, Daniel. She thought bitterly as the boy stopped in front of her. "I just wanted to apologize about yesterday. I only grabbed you because I didn't want anything bad to happen to you." He stated, taking Y/N by surprise. Still, she was a bit angry about what happened. She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow. "I can take care of myself, thank you very much." She said. The boy laughed. "Oh I know, that slap was a good indicator of that but sometimes Johnny is unpredictable and I didn't want him to hurt that pretty face." Y/N's cheeks flushed bright red.

"Well thank you, uh-"

"Bobby. Bobby Brown."

"Well, thanks, Bobby. I'm Y/N by the way. Y/N L/N."

"A pretty name for a pretty girl."

Y/N rolled her eyes and playfully punched his shoulder. "You're not like the rest of the Cobra Kai's. You're nice." She stated. "They're not bad all the time. Just sometimes." Bobby defended.

"Well that Johnny is quite full of himself."

"Now that we can agree on."

The two laughed as the rest of the Cobra Kai's came up to the group. "What's so funny?" The blonde boy asked, leaning on Bobby. Bobby shook his head. "Nothing, just getting to know Y/N a little bit." "Well, are you going to introduce us?" The blonde asked. "Oh right, uh Y/N this is Tommy, Jimmy, Dutch, and Johnny." He introduced pointing them out.