Foreword

hello again, darlings! 

if you have no idea what's going on right now, allow me to introduce myself: hi, i'm cecily (or cecy) and i'm a big fan of writing fanfictions! hehehe. 

this is the second book in a series, in case you didn't see the number '2' in the title. the first book, selcouth, is already up and finished on my page. i'm in the midst of both finishing this one and writing a third, so stay tuned! 

i urge you to read selcouth before you read this one or the third, saudade. it will make everything make much more sense, though it isn't absolutely necessary if you don't want to. you may miss out on some references if you don't. it's up to you. 

as i did at the beginning of selcouth, i'm going to clear a few things up super quick. here we go:

1. the title(s)

so as i did in selcouth, i've got pretty words as chapter names. the definition is always underneath so you shouldn't have to look it up. the words i've chosen as titles always have some meaning to the chapter in my mind. sometimes it's a very loose meaning that you have to read between the lines to get, but usually you can see it. at least i can. sometimes i actually use the word in the chapter directly, other times it's again quite loose. i will use other words as well, but the one that is the chapter title is the one i think most significant. 

the title of this book, hiraeth, means homesickness for a home you can't return to, or never was. 

2. ages

again, like in selcouth, the ages will be a tad bit different here. i bumped up peter's age a couple years for the first one, so in this one he's somewhere between sixteen and seventeen. lilith's fifteen or sixteen. everyone else's ages stayed the same. 

3. lilith's lack of description

i generally tend to imagine myself in fics, and figure you probably like to do that too, so i decided not to describe lilith that much. i think all i used (again) was that she has curly hair and is a slight bit shorter than peter. ignore these if you don't like them. 

4. myself

once again, a shameless self promo. my instagram username is the same on here, nqrnian. i've been working on posting more but haven't really felt like editing much lately. feel free to check me out. i also have another editing account, calsmare, where i do mostly book edits that are a lot better than my narnia ones. please don't hate me for this lol. 

5. inspiriation

i was inspired by the user prettylittleirishboy for the cover, and not as much the plot but a little bit the plot. you should check out their stories - irrelevant and unforgettable - because they're so fantastic. totally some of my comfort reads on here. 

6. the third book

essentially, the third book will be full of more one-shot-like situations i just didn't feel like putting in the first two. i've written a ton of letters to post as chapters, which i hope you guys will enjoy at least a couple of. i for sure made myself cry writing a few of them. but yeah. if you have any specific things you'd like to see about any of these characters, please let me know! 

my posting schedule will probably be every few days. i'm not quite finished this one yet, so my posting might be a little irregular once i get through all of my pre-written stuff. anyways. 

please enjoy! comment and vote if you like, it makes me happy!

i hope you have a great day/evening! 

- cecily <3