IV. Aspectabund

Aspectabund - letting or being able to let expressive emotion show easily through one's face and eyes.

"Peter?"

They had long since stopped paddling, and even walked for a time. Much arguing and annoyance had happened as they walked, so Lilith was grateful when they stopped to sleep. There was a small fire to keep them warm, and they were all scattered around it. Susan and Lucy had whispered about Aslan for a little while before surrendering to sleep, but Lilith was shivering too much to sleep.

"Mmm?" He rolled over so he was facing her. His eyes were closed, most likely because she had woken him up.

She cringed. "Did I wake you?"

"Yes, but I'm awake anyways, so what's going on?"

"I'm cold."

He chuckled, holding his arms out. "Come here, then." That was what she was hoping he would say, and moved into his arms quickly. He wrapped her up tightly, kissing the top of her head. "Love you."

"Love you, too." She smiled against his chest, nestling in. Maybe she wouldn't have nightmares now.

Not nightmares, really, but not good. In her dreams there was a train. It looked an awful lot like the one at the tube station. It just kept going, and going, and going. It seemed endless, which was part of how Lilith knew it was only a dream. That and Peter wasn't there, though she specifically remembered him holding her before she fell asleep. Really, though, the train just wouldn't stop. It made no sound, either. Just ran, and ran, and ran...

"Lilith!" Peter's urgent whisper roused her. It seemed she had turned over in the time she had slept. He was still holding her, she was just facing away from him. She rolled onto her back so she could see him, holding a hand over her eyes.

"What?" Her voice was gravelly with sleep. He had to fight his instinct to kiss her, something he had always done when they were here. Her alarm was generally a soft kiss on her neck from him. She missed that a lot.

"Are you alright?"

"Er...yes? Why wouldn't I be?"

He brushed her hair back softly, looking down at her with worry in his eyes. "You were thrashing around pretty aggressively. Are the nightmares not going away?"

"Was I?" She groaned, passing her hand over her eyes. "I can't even remember the dream. Maybe it was a nightmare."

"Weird." He shook his head, still staring down at her. She began to smirk as she raised her face to his, pressing a kiss to his lips. Her hand came around the back of his neck and pulled him closer as he kissed back, his hands going to her sides. She knew they couldn't do too much, given that his entire family was about five feet away, but she couldn't help herself. Sleeping next to him had brought on all the feelings she hadn't felt since they were last there. He didn't exactly seem to be resisting, either, which made her want to keep going. For a few more seconds she let herself get lost in him. His kiss was as normal to her as breathing, and it was as if she hadn't remembered to breathe in a year. Of course they had kissed; small, short, sweet ones over books, or lunch, but nothing like this kind. Peter let himself be relaxed and present in this kind, which is what made it all the better. Lilith knew he was thinking of only her, just as she was thinking of only him. That reassured and comforted her.

"I love you," she whispered as she pulled back, nudging his nose with hers. He smiled as he kissed her again, softly this time.

"I love you more," he whispered back, flopping to the ground and pulling her on top of his chest. She was grinning uncontrollably. Her heart was racing, but in a way it only did when she was euphoric. This couldn't have come at a better time. She loved him. She was in love with Peter Pevensie, and she wished she told him more often, so she would.