Chapter 1

"Welcome, you must be Mirio Togata. Hope you find this place to your like as we start our work" Y/n greeted.

A blond male with a bright smile walked up to you. He was muscular and quite tall, having three scars on his arms. He had blue eyes that matched his energetic expressions. His hair was somewhat spiked up into a point up. The male smiled, shaking your hand.

"That's me! It's a pleasure to me you Y/n!" The male greeted, "I'm greatful you took me on, I'm really excited about this field!"

"Of course, now keep in mind this is the every start of my ranch and today is the first day it can be called a ranch. I'm getting my first beast today, look at the ranch and guess which animal it is. When you strat your's you'll need to know what each animal requires for living conditions" You urged on.

The blond glanced around the ranch. It was mostly just a big plot with lots of forest covering it. With what was cleared was the front of the property with a sign at the entrance and a decorated front courtyards. In the middle was this stone and wood carved shrine. It was traditionally made with brown wood and stone carvings. Flowers and other plants surounded it making it stick out as the center piece of the front. To the sides were to sheds. They were designed as small houses though one was made with stone carving as well while the other wasn't. From the courtyard was two paths leading in oposite derections through the forest.

"Is the shrine related to the creature? I can't really think of any beast that would need one and I didn't take you for the religious type" Mirio quetioned.

"Yes, the shrine has something to do with the beast. Though many don't consider it necessary to house it, I feel it's important. The first beast will be a kitsune. Tell me what do you know about kitsune?" You asked him.

"Oh! Kitsune are spirital creatures that connect to the area around them. They take offerings from the creatures and people around in extance for protection and gifts. They've become a big star in the art world now and are staring to become spread thin" Mirio recalled.

"Yep, though not to the point of extinction. Many find caring for a kitsune difficult for any rancher but I find it fitting to get one first if you get one at all. That way it won't feel so overwhelmed with so many creatures in it's area. It can slowly be introduced to each as the come. Thankfully, the federal magical creature regulaters (FMCR) are funding this purchase. They pick a few ranchers to purchase kitsune from a list for places they are investigating. We're to send proof of if they are in good condition or not. Speaking of which, here it is!" You cheered happily as a large bird gently landed, carrying a crate in it's claws.

The bird cawed as it let go of the crate, flying away. You excitedly ran up to it, a crowbar in hand. Mirio followed as you handed him the crowbar, pulling out a camera. You motioned for him to open the crate while you held the carmera for documentation, as the FMCR requested. Your excitment faltered however when Mirio opened the crate to reveal the kitsune. Behine the wooden walls of the crate was a iron cage, the kitsune chained to the bars and muzzled. You took a picture before anything, capturing the poor condition of transport.

"Get him out" you spoke, not as happy anymore.

"I'm not seeing any keys here" Mirio noted before taking the crowbar to the cage.

The cages gave a creek before poping open. The moment it opened you stepped in. The kitsune hadn't moved but was alive. You took the crowbar and started braking the chains that held his hands in place. It was a struggle but then finally gave, causing the kitsune to fall without the support. Mirio caught the kitsune, picking it up as you derected him to one of the huts.

"This way, we need to check him out" you said somewhat angry at this point.

Once in the shed the kitsune was set on the bed. Now you could really look at it. The kitsune was a male with blond spiked hair, his fur was also blond but faded brown at the tips of his tails and ears, with white puffs of fur coming out of his ears. He feet was paws with the same blond to brown fade, pink pads at the bottom. His claws were obviously trimmed dull and the chains left marks on his wrist. Mirio help remove the muzzle which was imminently thrown away, revealing his sharp fangs still intact. His nine tails were binded together and tied to his back. However, what pissed you off the most was the numbor 42 that was branded on his neck. You took pictures of these things to record them before checking everything else. He only wore torn pants which made things worse. You fetched him better clothes and dressed him properly. You then had Mirio dispose of the cage as you continued to check him out.