ᶠ ᵒ ᵘ ʳ

Still separate bedrooms, which is fine. I normally go to bed late and wake up early so I guess I'd hate to wake up her or keep her up. I hadn't been sleeping much at that point and if she knew that it'd only add to her worry.

I've been in contact with Olivia three times a week, we'd only been there a week. So I've talked to her three times since the car, she's been alright. Well as much as she can, she's just as worried as Emma and I can't really blame either of them. She's mad because I wanted to continue without Emma, because this life isn't fit for her. She likes dancing and flowers, not running away from the life she built for herself. 

Either way I guess that was a conversation for Emma and I. I imagine she wouldn't exactly accept it, she'd want to stay, and of course she would. So another restless night, spent tossing and turning trying to find any hint of tiredness. There wasn't any, and if I went on a run I'd risk waking up Emma, and she needed her sleep. Half the time I knew she didn't sleep, how could she? 

I was so frustrated with myself at that point I hadn't noticed her crawl up next to me. I felt her arms wrap around my midsection, I calmed down, turned around to face her. "Hi," she whispered, looking up at me. 

"Hi." I gave her a smile. 

"I couldn't sleep," she looked at my lips.

"Is this okay?" I asked, resting my hands on her waist, she nodded. I pulled her into me, her body wasn't shaking, she wasn't scared, she was just exhausted and how could anyone blame her? "You can sleep, I've got you."

"Then you can too," she mumbled.

"Yes. I will," I assured. It wasn't that long until I felt her go limp against me, she was sleeping. I yawned falling asleep only moments later. The next morning as I suspected I woke up before her. Her back was facing me, but my arms were still wrapped around her. I tried my hardest not to move, she looked peaceful. 

That's when my god damned phone went off, I internal cursed at myself, and reached over to get it. I didn't even think before answering it, I went onto my back, Emma settled in between my legs, laying on my stomach.  "Hello?"

"Charlotte." It may have been twelve years but I knew that voice from anywhere. 

Trying my hardest not to raise any alarms, "Yes?" 

"Where did my little girl run off too? That pretty girlfriend of yours is with you yes?"

"I am not your little girl anymore Peter," I gritted through my teeth. 

"I guess not, listen, make this harder for yourself, I will get you in the end," he voiced. 

"Cool, cat and mouse, I've always liked games," I hung up the phone. Emma was staring up at me, "he doesn't know where we are, but that doesn't mean we should stay here any longer."

"Okay," she rested her head against me. "We can leave tonight."

"Alright, we could go to Georgia or something, far this time I guess."

"Whatever you want," she sat herself up, getting up. God, she shouldn't be here. 

-

so i woke up.. got ready to join my zoom and ended up sitting there for 30 minutes like a dumbass because i don't have school today, and i went to be at 2 last night and i woke up at 6 anyways, that just means maybe a lot of updates? i d k yet.