four- fire

Delilah returned to the common room, glad to see her friends sitting in the corner, but sad to see the homework in front of them. She took a seat next to Ron, who was quickly able to tell she was in a foul mood.

"What's wrong?" Ron asked.

"I had a spat with Daphne at dinner once you guys left." Delilah said, grabbing an empty parchment and her writing utensil. "She tried to drag me out of the hall- literally dragged me."

She seemed upset, leaving Ron to ask no more questions. He was muttering what to put at the top of his parchment when the twins entered the room, and strode over to them. Delilah dropped her head onto her book once they approached.

"Did Delilah tell you about what happened at dinner?" George asked, looking proud.

"The spat with Daphne? Yeah." said Ron.

"I think our humble Delilah has left out a portion of that story." said Fred, not noticing Delilah's shaking head.

"Nothing else happened." she said.

"Besides for you breaking her arm," said Fred, "then yeah, nothing happened."

"You- what?" Hermione asked, looking surprised.

"Blimey! I didn't know you could do that!" said Ron, sharing the same proud look as the twins.

Delilah stayed quiet and returned to her essay until Dean approached, then Seamus, then Parvati, then Peter-

"When did you learn that?"

"You should have seen the Slytherins-"

"You're brilliant, you are-"

"Please," began Delilah, "don't mention it. It was in the spur of the moment, and I bet Belle or someone cast a spell." She grabbed her belongings and placed them in her bag, "I'm going to work in the dorm."

Delilah'd fallen asleep the second she finished the Potions and History of Magic essays. She decided to finish the Ancient Runes homework at breakfast, however regretted it when her and Hermione both woke up late- still exhausted.

Scribbling down the her best guesses, she put the homework back in her satchel with ten minutes of breakfast to spare. Looking up, she noticed a black owl flying in her direction.

Fright was the Greengrass family owl. Adorabella and Florian never owled their kids unless they were in trouble, and after last night's spat between Delilah and Daphne, Delilah was sure Daphne had written her parents. She wished she could set the howler on fire, but decided against the spell.

Knowing she had fifteen seconds to burn the howler once the owl released it, she jumped up and grabbed the envelope to save time. Angrily, she quickly grabbed her belongings, and speed walked out the hall and around the corner.

Once she turned the corner, all she thought about was burning the howler. She hated Daphne, and after last night's act, Delilah hates her even more. She felt anger towards her sister, the one person she should share love with. She ended up lighting it on fire anyways, and patting it down to prevent it from spreading.

"Ahem."

Delilah turned around to be faced with an unfamiliar Hufflepuff looking at her in awe. She had dark blue eyes but hazel hair, tied in a side ponytail.

"You shouldn't sneak up on people." Delilah said, putting the fire out and sticking the howler in her robes.

"I- I didn't mean to. Well, I did follow you here- but that's not the point."

Delilah was growing moody. "Can I help you? Who are you?"

"Lucy Pevensie." she said, holding her hand out.