1. Hiba

💙18th January 2021💙

"And do not follow the footsteps of satan. indeed, he is to you a clear enemy"

Sural Al-Baqarah -208

HiBa

"A brand new day in a new college in a new city.. you're gonna shine Hiba" I encouraged myself on entering the college compound while in reality my legs were on the verge of giving up by dragging myself and 2 duffel bags of my belongings straight from the bus stand.

"right now all I got to do is dump my bags in the dormitory and return back to class.. okay where are the girls dormitories" I was scanning the large map beside the college gates when two other girls apparently thought it was okay to crash on me and not look back.. its completely fine right, its no big deal right?

no big deal my foot, I staggered forward crash hugging the map board and hit the floor pretty hard on my butt while my bags went flying in their respective directions..

"ouch my nose.. my bags and my stupid first day too" I cried out in frustration, a bit too louder than I intended too..

I was about to go searching for my bags when a pair of hands helped me to get back on my feet..

"Thanks.." I Murmured dusting my jeans and readjusting my hijab..

she walked to my bags lying a couple of feet away haphazardly and picked them for me..

"It is not a stupid day you know.. just some stupid minutes.." she smiled..

she was literally of the same height as I was, with a petite frame clad in a Shalwar kameez and matching hijab..

I smiled awkwardly.. " I know.. sorry I was a bit loud in my cussing"

"haha that's no big deal, a fall like that and you sure are allowed to cuss" She chuckled again " so where are you headed?

"I was trying to find my way to the girls dormitories before umm- this "accident" happened" I air quoted rolling my eyes..

"then you just got lucky.. come on I'm headed to right there to wake up a friend.. " she smiled walking through the crowd of people towards a basketball court ringed with  bushes towering high above.. she walked with her eyes glued to the phone texting furiously.. she crossed the ground and headed towards a hardly visible path cutting through the bushes and emerged at the entrance of a 4 storied  building hidden behind the tall bushes..

"welcome to the girls dormitories.." she announced..

"wow.. this is what you call strategically placed.." I marveled..

"what do you mean?"

"you see the girls dormitories cleverly hidden behind the wild bushes? Im pretty sure the engineer should have been a woman with a very good taste in basket ball players.." I confirmed..

"what? taste in basket ball players? she bursted into giggles..

"yup.. now look all thanks to the engineer that all the girls will have a proper view of all handsome guys sweating their way out in the grounds.. the best part is they wont even know they are being watched.." I smiled cheekily.. "it's like getting a constant fresh supplies of crushes..

"that's some view you have in there.. You know youre hilarious.." she laughed.. for which I gave her a bowing gesture..

"so? 1st year?" she asked..

"nope 3rd year business management.. you?"

"hey what a pleasant surprise, we are gonna be classmates.." she said happily