eight

《○○》

An irritating screech filled the once quiet room; obviously waking me up with a start. As far as I'm concerned it wasn't my alarm nor was it Ash's.

Because it was Ash himself.

"What are you doing at..." I slurred, rubbing my sleepy eyes and looking at my phone screen which showed that the time. "Five in the morning."

"I have an essay due today!" He said with panic. His hands danced along the keypads of his laptop so violently I was worried that a key would spring out of place.

"Ash..."

"What?!"

"Don't you have afternoon classes today?"

"Yeah!"

"You have like eight or so hours to finish the essay."

Ash stopped moving, staying completely stiff in his place. "Huh?" The chair squeaked against the floor as he pushed back to gawk at me.

I slapped my forehead. "You don't even know your own timetable." I sighed and sat up. I shivered a little when I felt the cold morning air hit my skin in the absence of my blanket.

Ash scoffed and grinned at me, making me question what he finds so humorous. "Right but it looks like you do. We've only been roommates for like about a week and you know my schedule by heart. I'm flattered, really."

"H-h-hold on!" I stuttered. My heart was racing. This is embarrassing. "I-I-I'm j-just good at r-remembering stuff!" I said in defence.

A lame excuse really.

And by the look on Ash's face, he thought so too. "Right. Be careful Gou, I'm starting to feel like you're getting a little obsessed with me." He smirked, giving a teasing look.

It was like the wind was knocked out of my lungs for a moment.

Then I took my pillow and shot it at his face because he was being an egotistical idiot and it knocked him to the floor.

"Get over yourself!"

"Am I wrong?"

"Yes!"

"Hmm, by the way you said that it seems I might have struck a nerve. Usually, it would mean that what was said it partially true and you're made that I've figured you out."

"Don't you have an essay to finish?"

"Like you said, eight hours."

"Thank goodness I have morning classes."

"Hey, you didn't deny what I said. You're obsessed with me." Ash chuckled and threw my pillow at me which I caught.

"Didn't I tell you to get over yourself."

"I don't recall." He tapped his chin with his index finger and got back on to the chair. "It's okay Gou, it will be our little secret." He winked at me with a cheeky grin plastered on his stupid, handsome face.