Chapter Seven: Detention

Cheryl

"Cheryl, it's time for School." My mother's voice drifted into my ears, waking me up. I opened my eyes to the wide smile on my mother's face, the bright sunlight reflecting off the wall adjacent to it and the sound of the bird's chirping. Today felt like one of those day's to just sleep in, watch a movie or go to a spa but knowing my mother, she wouldn't let me miss a single day of school without a proper reason. I don't know who was worse, the principal of my school or my mum but one thing I know is if my mum was the principal of my school, I would transfer to a different school.

My mother wasn't at work today because she had the day off, lucky her. I looked at the time and it was 7:10am which meant I only had ten minutes before I had to leave to pick up Wana. I couldn't possibly shower and get dressed in ten minutes so  instead I got off the bed,went over to the bathroom,brushed my teeth and hair and quickly threw on my Uniform. My last shower was at midnight so technically that was today and I could always take a shower after school.

On the way to school, The unexpected happened

"Need a ride to school?" Charles offered. He was in the car with Gale and judging by the look on his face, he wanted me not to accept the offer.

"No thanks, we're good right Wana?" I secretly gestured her to agree with me.

"Girl am not gonna lie alright, Charles we are not good. You know what my feet hurt from all this walking and I really need a ride so thank you" she said and entered the car.

" Wana seriously?" Charles was now chuckling and I could clearly see a smirk on Gale's face.

"Cheryl just get into the car,we are gonna be late for school." I can't believe what Wana just did,I thought we were supposed to stick together but again she was right. I got into the car and we headed to school.

The whole ride to school was  filled with silence. All I could hear was the wind and the sound of the engine. A few minutes later, Charles pulled into the parking lot of the school and we all got out and rushed to class because the warning bell had already rang. Charles had history class as his first period, Wana had Biology and Gale and I had Chemistry.

Gale and I we're so unlucky to find Mr Zimmerman,our chemistry teacher already in class teaching and at this school that meant automatic detention.

                  ***

school was over and We headed over to the chemistry lab for detention. Mr Zimmerman was already waiting for us. We took our seats and detention began. I already told Wana about my detention and so when school was over she went home.

Ten minutes into detention, Mr Zimmerman left the class and when it was barely two minutes after Mr Zimmerman left,Gale stood up to leave.

"Where are you going, detention is not over yet? You're gonna get yourself in trouble." Gale didn't respond instead he just got his bag and headed for the door. I quickly rushed to the door to prevent him from leaving so that he doesn't get into trouble.

"Didn't you hear a word I just said Gale?" I had never realized how tall he was until now when I was standing right in front of him.

"Am leaving to get some food cause Mr Zimmerman is not gonna be back until there's only 10 minute's left until detention is over. So step aside." So he actually paid attention to what I was saying.

" Great, then am also leaving." I got my bag and starting following him. For every step he took, I took three that in the end I was running behind him to catch up.

We got to the parking lot and  Gale seemed to be about to leave in his car.

"Ummm, Gale can I please come with you? If I leave and go home I won't be able to make it back here in time because well,I have no car." I really hoped he'd say yes cause truth is I didn't want to remain in the school premises alone because I was scared and I couldn't go home either because my mum knew I had detention.

"And how is that my concern?" He began "The  reason am leaving is because I don't want to put up with and you want me to take you along with me, no thanks." He concluded.

I felt like putting him in his place and giving him a good shouting at but I remembered what Charles told me about him loosing his father and sister. I had also been rude to everyone including my mum and was always upset when my father and brother passed away that I understood exactly what he was going through.

"Alright, I'll just go back inside then." I decided to head back inside not wanting to irritate him any further.

I got to class and started reading a book. It had barely been five minutes since I got to class when Gale came back.

"I thought you had left?" I asked surprised to see him back.

"It's called detention for a reason so can you please shut up." This guy had some serious issues honestly

" It was just a question which required a simple answer,you don't always have to be an asshole." I had it with him and being rude to me for no reason.

" Well if you don't want me to continue being an asshole then just shut up alright." I don't know  what this guy had against me but I  had to put an end to it I got up and was ready to vent.

"What do you have against me, tell me. And don't tell me it's because I accidentally stained your shirt with soda at the party cause no one can be that upset about a soda stain." I vented.

" You irritate me every time you talk alright. And I don't have anything against you ok so can you please just shut up." All that was nonsense and I was having none of it.

" Seriously that doesn't make any sense at all and am not going to shut up until you tell me why because I........."

Before I could make out what was happening, his hands grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him while he wildly kissed my lips. Without protest I reached up,hooked my arms around his neck pulling him down and leaning into the kiss. Gale was kissing me and I was kissing him.

What was happening?

*Don't forget to vote,comment,add to your reading list and follow. The next two chapters will be published on Wednesday or Thursday *