Miscarriage: a bad mother.?

Bani slowly opened her eyes. She looked around to see the unfamiliar place. With the wite walls, silent room. The machines around she now knew she was on the hospital bed. Scrunching her eyes, she recollected the events happened a while ago.

She immediately placed her right palm on her tummy.
"Baby...? Your fine right..?" Thinking of all the possible negetive thoughts, tears rolled on the side of her eyes down with the gravity.

Soon two nurses came into her room. Bani had her eyes closed. The nurse spoke, "what's this patient's case" vimala, the nurse asked. " Miscarriage, with 10 weeks pregnant. I got off now, and I'm heading back home." The other nurse - Tulsi - replied. " Oh poor lady, oh I get it. The man sitting out side is her husband...?!" Vimala said. " Yes, he's crying mess since he got the news. Ok anyway report to your duty. I'll get going. See you" saying that Tulsi left.

What they didn't know is, Bani had heard their talks. And silent tears rolled profusely making the pillow wet. Her heart beats raised and panic taking over her mind. The machines attached to her gave the alarms. Then the nurse turned around to see she was shocked and called out doctor. She rushed outside the room to call for a doctor.
This made singhania to get tensed.

______________

After a while doctor confirmed about Bani being alright. Veer had his minds running two ways, at one, he had lost his unborn baby, the other he had to convey this piece of information to Bani. Which was hard of a task.

"It's better that I'll let her know after she is completely fine" he decided. Stepping in taking a deep breath.

Bani laying on bed with tears flowing down her cheeks silently. Her right hand on her tummy, as if trying to connect with her baby. She was continuously caressing her belly. Guilty with the happenings written all over her face.

They both had dreamt about the coming baby. And now in a blink of an eye, their world turned up side down.

Veer entered with baby steps towards Bani. She opend her arms calling veer for a hug with tears. Calling in her embrace.

The things that ran in her head had no pause.

He rushed and hugged her tightly while she was still layed on the bed. His head between her chest, her hands wrapped around his neck. Her chin rest on his head.

"I'm sorry Veer, I'm so sorry, I'm careless" she said while sobbing hard.

"Bani..?" Asked Veer confused, who thought she didn't knew about the fact.

"I'm so sorry, I could not take care of our child," she cried.

Veer couldn't answer anything. What could he even answer back...?  He too started crying, he managed to say "I'm sorry Bani, I couldn't take care of you properly, it was my responsibility, I'm sorry.  I was with you but still I couldn't...." he couldn't continue those words of not saving their child.

_____________

After 3 days staying in observation Bani had been discharged.

Soon Bani was taken back to their room. Made her lay there comfortably.
Meera kept pillows behind her back for her to sit with the support. Pulling the comforter over her legs. Meera spoke.
"You could have waked me up Bani.. I would get the cloths, na.?"

Tapish who stood near by continued "Yeah why did you go..? You could have listened to Veer "

"I had told her Anna(brother), she didn't, she'll never listen to me, like always. " He had his eyes glistened with the secnario repeat on loop on his mind. The second Bani rolled down, was horrifing him day and night. His voice was heavy.