A Smidge of Drama; A Little Bit of Fun

Eric stood at the nurses' station after finishing rounds. He checked the chart as Lexie walked beside him.

"Happy thanksgiving!" Lexie greeted him. Eric furrowed his eyebrows as her voice ranged near his ear.

"God - you're too much," Eric hissed under his breath, massaging his temples.

Lexie stared at him, lips stretched into a smile as it gaped, "I'm just gonna assume that's... sarcasm..." She paused, looking around the neuro wing, "... Have you seen Derek?"

"No." Eric looked at her as he scratched his right eyebrow, "No, I don't." He repeated, shaking his head, no.

"Okay." She said, sighing, as she walked away. Lexie looked around the wing, searching for Derek Shepherd.

Eric watched as the resident moved around the floor, bouncing from foot to foot and humming as she looked around. He looked at Lexie with a pinched expression on his face. Even if he had been working with her for a month, thankfully without the usual bullying or confrontation, he still couldn't help but get annoyed at how cheerful, outspoken and overly nice Lexie was. It's like looking at a Disney character out of the rolled film. - absolutely comical. As Lexie turned back towards Eric, his pager beeped. He was being paged at the pit for a consultation. Eric put the patient's chart back at the rack and walked towards the elevator.

As Eric stepped inside the elevator, Lexie was behind him, moving inside the elevator as well. Lexie beamed as she reached her way in. She pushed for the ground floor and stood facing the doors.

Eric knew it would only take a beat for this resident to speak again, and as expected she did, "So..." Eric remained looking in front as she lingered with a cautious look, "... do you have plans today? I mean, for thanksgiving?"

Eric didn't know when Lexie felt like she could talk to him this freely. But if he were to guess, it started right after Halloween. And every time they worked together, Lexie seemed to talk to him like they had been speaking to each other ever since, and him bullying her didn't happen. He couldn't talk her out of it now, even if Eric tried. She's now unfazed with his sarcastic remarks and coldness that he practically gave up. Eric wondered if she was just ignoring his remarks, though. Arizona and Mark might have something to do with this.

"I don't," He answered quickly, not wanting to ignite another sentence or ten from her.

"Oh," She stopped with that response, looking straight at the floor screen above. Eric glowered at her in shock as she abruptly became surprisingly inarticulate.

"Oh?" Eric repeated. Lexie glanced at him and then looked away. Eric realized that Lexie was keeping something from him. Asking him that simple question is evidence enough that there is. For Lexie wasn't good at keeping secrets, Her face showed something's up, every time.

Lexie knew that Eric had picked up something from her question and that quick reaction she had after she blurted it out. Even her would suspect herself. She tried to look away as Eric stared at her. She shouldn't have said anything. Lexie's staring to fidget as nervousness prevailed.

As he was about to ask what it is, the elevator doors opened. Lexie sighed with relief and went out as soon as it opened, never giving Eric the chance to talk.

- - - - -

"Eric!" Arizona called him at the lobby, seeing him walked by. Eric stopped, watching Lexie walked away.

Lexie looked back at Eric before turning left at the corridor. She saw Arizona walking towards Eric.

"Hey," Arizona proceeded as she settled in front of Eric. Eric still stared at the hall where Lexie passed, "Do you have plans later?"