Chapter 4

Awoken to another day of monotone, the sun's rays peaked through the sheer curtains, blowing gracefully against the lightly open window. My room glowed with a contrast of black and white paint, with splatters of the opposing colour relaying across the entire wall. It was a rather simple room. I liked to be in a tidy space. A little striped rug sat nicely under my desk with the chair that could spin for a mile. My surrounding furniture was spaced out equally, as if it was measured out proportionally with a ruler. Rubbing my eyes, I slowly get back to a sense of reality. Shaking off my once slumbered eyes, I placed my hands on the bed, either side of my body, pushing up from the silk bed sheets that covered me just so. I took a quick glance over at the matte, lightly painted clock that was placed on my bedside table. It read '8am'. Panicking, I realised I had overslept.

Rushing around the house made me panic even more, forgetting some of the items I had needed in class that day. I quickly grabbed the watch that was laying on the kitchen counter, and buckled it over the top of my left wrist. curious, I took a peak and realised just how late I was going to be. Confused at what to do, I grabbed my suede shoes with one hand and a backpack in the other. Swinging the door closed with my foot as I ran out the door. Throwing the shoes on the floor, I slipped my feet into the shoes and gently tapped each foot against the ground to secure them in place. Flinging my bag straps over each shoulder as I did so. Feeling the time get further and further ahead, I ran as fast as I could, tripping over my own feet, as I dash down the road. The road lifted in areas which caused me to haut to a stop a few times before collapsing on the bench next to the bus stop. Out of breath, everyone gave a judgemental critiquing look over whilst mid eye-roll.

By the time I had arrived, the lesson had already started. Peaking through the classroom door's window, I lock eyes with the teacher in charge of the lesson. Apologising over and over again, I face the ground as I sneak around the side of the classroom strategically, with the goal of reaching my seat without distracting the others. Although it didn't really work, as the whole time the class was staring my way. Kinda creepy if you ask me. Waving around my hands to signal them to look away, I fling my backpack onto one hand. Hooking it on the corner of my desk as I sat down.

I was still very curious about Indigo. What type of person was he really? Lately, he was all I could ever think of. With him still in my mind I take a brief look towards the desk behind. But I was captivated, lured in. It wasn't until the teacher questioned what I was doing and told me to write on the board that I had noticed I had been staring at him for however long id been sitting in class. It was as if I was in a trance. But what could I say? other than "Nothing miss". Like 'Yes, sorry miss. I was too busy being lost in his eyes.' At this point it was addiction, I wanted to learn more about him. And I feel as though, his eyes could say it all. I mean, they do say the eyes are the windows to the heart...or was it soul? Anyways, my point still stands. Without even communicating a single word by sound, his eyes could display his whole life story. As if a family movie was playing in my head.

Once I had completed what the teacher asked, I made my way back to my seat. Just as I went to pull the chair out, Indigo raised his head slightly. Only enough for me to notice. The sun's light bled onto the side of his face. Illuminating it with colour that gave off a pearly shine. The one eye that was caught, shone a yellowish brown shade. "I guess this is what they call honey?" I questioned, muttering under my breath so only I could hear. "Similar to primrose" he whispered back. It made me feel embarrassed that he heard, but I felt a warm sensation in my chest.

As time went by, the more involved in the lesson I became. Well that only lasted so long. As the next activity started, the teacher held up a stack of papers she wanted to be completed. Separating them into three piles, she spread each one out to the front desk on each row. As the papers were passed back like Chinese whispers, I grabbed my hands on two of the remaining papers. Placing mine on top of my textbook, I sent back the remaining paper to the desk behind. Completely forgetting it was Indigo's desk, I poked the paper into his head probably around three times before I felt someone grab my wrist. My reflexes pulled me face to face with indigo, grabbing his hand to pull it away from my wrist. Realising and remembering who he was, my hand suddenly dropped and fell back towards my side. "Sorry" I exclaimed, as he slowly pulled his arm away from my wrist. Still hovering there, I quickly notice and pull back away. Just as I was about to turn around, he shot me a smirk that suddenly dissociated into a warmer, more welcoming smile. 'Duality right there' I think to myself turning around with a flustered grin on my face.

Ten Minutes before the lesson eventually ended, and the teachers existence was unknown until the following week, she yelled " ALRIGHT CLASS, follow the pairings on the board and complete the task." Browsing for my pair, I locate the bolding of my name right next to Indigo's. 'Am I quite literally glue to him or something?' I irritably question reality in my mind. As I stand up to see more clearly, to make sure I'm not seeing things, I suddenly feel a weight stronger than gravity pull me back. Before I knew it, Indigo had pulled me into an almost back hug. It was as if he was trying to say 'He's mine, no touchy.' to the rest of the class. This sent a blushing sensation to my cheeks. Afraid I was turning into a human strawberry, I dropped all facial expression. I turned my chair around leaning onto his desk to signal starting the work, but he entrapped my legs by pushing them in between his, using his knees as support. His legs were pretty long so it wasn't too much trouble for him to do. He then wiggled his index finger as a way of saying 'come closer, I need to tell you something.' As I leant in, he covered the sides of my ear with both his hands and whispered the phrase "meet me in the theatre during the lunch break." It felt as if someone was tickling my ear with a feather while the summer breeze warmed my ear just so. Pulling away, we exchange an innocent smile of mutual agreement.