Something For You

It was December 26th and Naruto was walking to Ichiraku ramen. He had finished some training a couple hours ago, and was certainly hungry. Although, when walking, something was bothering him, but he didn't know what. Something just felt off... like he was forgetting something. Something important. 

He sat down in the ramen shop as Teuchi walked out from the back.

"Well hello, Naruto! Good to see you. Same as usual?" He said.

Naruto nodded. "Yup. You know it!"

A few minutes later, and Naruto was eating his ramen slowly. Not slurping it down like the usual. And Teuchi noticed this. 

"What's wrong, Naruto? You seem a little off today."

Naruto shook his head. "I don't know actually. I feel like there was something I had to do and forgot. Or something I did wrong. I don't know. I can't put my finger on it..."

"Hmm... Well, I'm sure it's not that important if you can't remember. Anyways, isn't it your wife's birthday tomorrow? Did you get her something good?"

Naruto's eyes widened quickly as he froze for a second.

Dammmnnnn itttt!!! Naruto cursed himself. 

"Naruto," Teuchi started. "You didn't forget Hinata's birth-"

Naruto cut him off. "Of course not, ya know! Why would I forget something like that?"

"Well, alright. You had me scared there Naruto. Would have been pretty bad if you forgot Hinata's birthday."

Naruto gulped and nodded. "Definitely."

A couple hours later, around 3pm Naruto was walking around the village. Worrying. And thinking. Thinking hard.

"What to get, what to get..." Naruto gripped the his hair. "How could I forget her birthday!!"

Naruto was angry. Very angry. Very angry at himself. Who else did he have to blame?

Naruto stopped walking and looked up at the sky. He saw an eagle fly across sky as he sighed.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, her birthday tomorrow... what could I even get her?"

He continued to walk around the village and before he knew it, an hour had passed and it was 4pm.

Naruto sighed in frustration.Ok, I need to think smart here. Hinata likes to press flowers... but she already has materials for that... Hinata likes zenzai, or cinnamon rolls... but she can easily make those thing for herself....

Naruto went into another store. Probably the 20th one by now. But before he even started to look around he stopped walking again.

"I can't go and just buy something random at some random store. It's got to be something I put effort into." Naruto said to himself. "Well, if what I'm doing right now isn't classified as effort, then I don't know what is."

He continued to look around but then, he saw something. Something that gave him an idea. A good idea. The knew what the perfect gift for Hinata would be. Something Naruto knew she would appreciate. 

It was the next day. December 27th, Hinata's birthday. She got up from her bed and made her way to the kitchen.

"What? Up early on your birthday?" Naruto joked as he walked up behind her.

She laughed softly. "It's not early. It's 9 o'clock."

Naruto yawned. "Early enough for me."

Hinata looked back at the kitchen wondering what to eat for breakfast, but before she knew it, Naruto had hugged her from behind.

"Happy birthday, Hinata." Naruto said as Hinata slightly blushed.

"Thank you." She said. 

The two stayed in that position for a solid 2 minutes. They ate breakfast and just got dressed and ready, as if it were and normal day.

Hinata and Naruto were both in the living room. Naruto was wondering when would be the best time to give the gift.

"So Hinata, are we going over to your father's house later today? For supper?"

Hinata nodded. "Yes. Around supper time."

"Right okay, stay here..." Naruto started as he walked towards the stairs and up to their bedrooms. He went into the closet in his 'office', and took Hinata's gift that was wrapped up in dark purple wrapping. 

He came back down into the living room with the gift in his hands. He stood in front of her and handed her the gift.

Hinata smiled softly. "You didn't have to."

Naruto shook his head. "No, I did have to."

Hinata looked at the gift. It was more of a square shape. It almost seemed like a book. But it was certainly too big to be a book.

Hinata sat down on the couch, unwrapping the gift as Naruto sat down beside her. 

She took the last bit of wrap off and was surprised at what it was. 

It was a photo album. But it wasn't just a photo album that Naruto bought at the store, well- it was, but the photo album was not empty. It was filled with photos of the two of them, from their first date, to their wedding day, and even just random photos as they were a married couple.

She flipped through the pages and looked at each and every photo, knowing, remembering when each one was taken. She smiled became brighter and brighter for every moment she remembered.

After she had gone through all of the photos, she closed the album and looked at Naruto who was right beside her.

"Thank you." Hinata smiled.

Naruto, smiled back and held her cheek with his left hand. "You're welcome."

Hinata leaned closer to Naruto until their faces were only centimeters away. Before, when they were still dating, she'd get so nervous being this close to Naruto. But now, she felt like the most calm and relaxed person ever. She felt this comfort being around him.

Her lips pressed up against Naruto's as both of Naruto hands were holding her face. Hinata wrapped her arms around Naruto's neck as she wanted more and more of him. 

Before they knew it, it had become more than just kissing. 

 Hinata accepted this as part of her birthday gift.