𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗘𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗡

Rage, maybe
rage would lift
me up, make
me stand, make
me walk

– Marion James

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Grace FitzRoy had lived her whole life knowing she was lesser than everyone else. She was a bastard child, the product of an unholy union. The entire court looked down upon her, the faith would prefer it if she had not existed, and there was not many who would be willing to take her in when she grew old enough to marry.

It was for that reason that she had never expected what had happened. Her father had sold her away as a ward to the Duke of York, a man whom had stood against her father in rebellion. Fear was an understatement for what she felt, for she was only a child, and how could a child discern the difference between a man and a monster, especially if they appeared so similar to her in her mind?

It was not until she reached the Duke's residence at Ludlow Castle that she could relax. For it was then that she met the kind Duchess Cecily, her two eldest sons, Edward and Edmund, her extroverted daughter Margaret and a much younger son with whom her relationship would blossom into something she had never expected.

Cecily Neville had become a prisoner of war. A harsh hand was the least of her worries, especially when it was her father's rival that was her jailer. Henry Percy was an evil man, she had quickly learned. A split lip, a few bruises here and there, it was not that bad compared to the other horrors he committed upon her body.

It was on one of those cold nights in her cell, where her gown had been torn off of her eight year old body, that she had sworn that something like this would never happen to her again. And so when Margaret of Anjou had finally came for her, she enjoyed it when Henry Percy lost a hand for what he had done to her. For even the Lancastrian Queen could not look at such a sin.

And then she was sent away, to the Queen's stepdaughter. She was to be her lady-in-waiting, and that was a position that Cecily could use well.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

CAST

Sarah Gadon as Grace Fitzroy

David Oakes as George Plantagenet