chapter 12

𝒋𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
i woke up with an empty bed, i looked around for flynn and shrugged. i grabbed the flannel shirt that reggie gave me and i wrapped it around me, wiping the tear from my eye as i opened the door.

i walked downstairs to see my dad and flynn talking over the counter. "what are you guys doing?"

"talking.." flynn looked at me but avoided eye contact, she only does this when she's hiding something.

"if you want to ask a question don't ask her, ask me." i said to my dad who sighed and pulled me up a chair. i sat down and he looked across at me.

"how did this happen?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"i played a CD that mom had, sunset curve. and they just appeared." i smiled thinking back to that night which felt like so long ago.

"so.. who are they?" he sat down and crossed his arms and looked at me.

"alex, reggie and.." i smiled, looking at flynn, she grabbed my hand. "and luke, they're a band from the 90's." i chuckled and shook my head.

"how did they die?" he blurted out, and i looked at him and he shook his head "you don't have to ans-"

"hotdogs." i giggled and so did flynn, we both sighed and i looked around the room, focusing on the stairs.

"i need to find nick.." i muttered and they both looked at me confused. my dad obviously had more questions, but now wasn't the time, i couldn't handle it.

"why nick?" flynn pulled my face to look at hers, wiping away a tear.

"he was caleb, but i don't know what happened to him.." i stood up and walked over to the door. something was pulling me to the garage.

"julie!" flynn and my dad following soon after me, and i pulled open the garage door to see nick passed out on the couch with a note.

'thanks for the band, all love,

HGC.'

i ripped up the note and shook nick, he woke up screaming and i grabbed his hand. "hey, hey, it's okay."

flynn rushed to the side and grabbed his other hand and he looked down at me. "i need carrie." he was breathing heavily and my dad was already on the phone.

after about 5 minutes carrie was stood at the opening and running towards nick. "what did you do to him?!" she looked at me and i scoffed.

"nothing!" he grabbed carries hand and shook his head.

"she did nothing, she saved me." he started to calm down once carrie arrived and i looked back at trevor who was holding a note.

"i wasn't lying, sure i wanted to know more about the 'hologram band', but rose was my friend, i'd never use her like that." i nodded and took the note from his hands, he smiled but i didn't return it.

"i don't forgive you, but the boys might." i sighed and put the note in my pocket, before walking back over to nick. "what do you remember?"

he talked us through the whole thing, from the flowers, to the weird guy that turned into purple fairy dust, all the way to willie and now back to here. i nodded and he grabbed my wrist, i squealed thinking back to yesterday.

"i'm so sorry!" he jumped back and i shook my head.

"no no, that wasn't you. it was caleb." he furrowed his brows, now i was the one explaining everything.

"so, that benie guys a ghost?" he said, slightly smiling. i rolled my eyes as did carrie.

"yes, one that i care about and is in danger." his stupid smile dropped and i grabbed flynn's hand as we walked out of the garage.

"i need them back flynn.." she smiled and nodded, mouthing 'i know' as we walked back into the house.

𝒍𝒖𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
we stood in a circle as a new day has just dawned, it hadn't even been 24 hours and i has decided this was the worst place anyone could be.

and i was in a dark room where alex cried for 25 years.

"so, the plan is when we're performing tonight, willie goes down to calebs wing and steals the book, then we have to find or create a fire so we can burn it?" alex said, i didn't know wether he was telling us or asking us.

"sounds good! although i'm going to miss the twins." he waved to the left of him and i just hit his head and he mouthed 'ouch.' i smiled and shook my head.

"you're such a dork." the only way i would be able to get through this is with my brothers, although it would be better if julie was here.

"i'll see you guys tonight." willie looked at alex and i pulled reggie away so they could have a moment.

𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒙'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
"thank you for doing this." i smile at him and he chuckled, grabbing my hand.

"i'd do anything for you." i blushed and he looked back at me.

i started rambling "you mean a lot to me, i know that we- i mean that- i- uh.. we.." he rolled his eyes.

"just kiss me you loser." he chuckled and pulled me in, our lips meeting and it felt like fireworks.

i felt reggie and luke smiling over at us so we pulled away and he smiled, walking away before winking.

they both walked over to me and before they could speak a word i told them to "shut up."

𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
it had been a couple of hours, we were wearing suits to go out on stage before we might actually get out of the club.

i walked over to the food table and grabbed a meatball sub "god, i'm going to miss you." i closed my eyes and gave it a small kiss before taking a bite.

"no offence luke, but they have more chemistry than you and julie. and that's saying A LOT." alex chuckled and pointed over to me and the sub.

i smiled back at them and waved, before tripping over and getting sauce all over my shirt.

"nice one reg." luke sighed and i smiled before frowing, he was just rude.

"i'm just saving some for later." i shrugged and walked ahead of them. boom. roasted.

𝒍𝒖𝒌𝒆'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗
we stood behind the stage as the clock ticked. it was almost time.

alex walked over and looked at me "willie's ready." he nodded as i did too.

i was nervous. but i want to see julie, no i need to see julie. i love her, and she needs to know that.

as the song kicked in, caleb motioned us to come in. which is exactly what we did. we played the song perfectly and before we could even comprehend what was happening the song was over.

we all bowed and guys looked at me and i nodded back at them.

"mingle! have fun, i'll talk to you soon." caleb said before he wandered off into the crowd, we found willie who has the book in his hand.

"i have the lighter." alex said as he opened it and the flame appeared. as the book was about to set on fire the flame was burnt out.

"not so fast boys." we looked up to see caleb, who was smirking down at us. "i'm not that naïve." he winked.

"leave. them. alone." i heard a familiar voice as julie walked up behind the man, who's face was annoyed and angered by her.

"they're mine now." he turned around to her and she scoffed. "you know what, before i kill you, i'd love to see what you had in mind."

-

julie a badass, but will she be able to save them?

i also just uploaded a new book which i'm working on, it's a luke-reggie triangle if you guys would be interested:)

all love,

- S