Chapter 19

I wake up the next morning to the smell of pancakes and my eyes widen and I jump out of bed. 

I run down the stairs and see my mom at the stove flipping pancakes with Nash and Reese sitting at the island. 

My mom turns around when I run into the kitchen, "Nice outfit sweetie."

I raise a eyebrow, and look down at my outfit which is volleyball shorts and a tank top. 

I shrug, "It was hot last night."

"Or you're just hot." Nash says with a smirk and I flick him off when my mom isn't looking but can't help it when my cheeks turn red. 

My mom hands me a plate of pancakes and I happily accept them.

I sit down in between Nash and Reese and drench my pancakes in syrup. 

I hear Nash chuckle from beside me and I look at him and he smirks. 

"Is there a problem?" I ask holding my fork in the air. 

"How do you eat so much but still skinny as a stick?" He asks me and I shrug. 

"I'm special."

"Special ed." Reese says beside me and I grab the syrup.

"Do I need to pour this on your head?" 

She smirks, "I dare you." 

I shrug and take the top off the bottle before squirting it all over her head. She shrieks from the sticky substance and I laugh. 

She glares at me, "You're gonna pay for that!" She grabs the whipped cream off the counter and sprays me and I squeal. 

I continue to squirt syrup on her mananing to get some on the floor since she is behind me and we're running around the island like idiots. 

My mom turns around and slaps both of us on the head with the spatula causing us to stop running, "Ow!" 

"Go get cleaned! Both of you!" She yells and our shoulders slump. 

"Yes ma'am." 

"I'll make it to the bathroom first." Reese says and I gasp. 

"No I will!" I shout and we run up the stairs ignoring my mom and Nash's laughter. 

I guess you could say Reese is the sister I've never had and we have these moments every once in a while. 

I trip Reese and she falls on the floor and I laugh, running into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me. 

I strip and once I'm about to get in the shower, the door opens and Reese walks in, sitting on the toilet. 

I shake my head at her and get in the shower, letting the warm water rinse the whipped cream out of my hair. 

Once I'm out a few minutes later, Reese is sitting on her phone scrolling through twitter, "I think they know." 

I grab my towel and wrap it tightly around my body, "Know what?" 

"That you and Nash aren't together." She says simply. 

"Well, if they know, they know.  And I'm sure half them are ecstatic." I tell her and she just silently nods. 

I know I'm probably getting hate for ending things with Nash and for breaking his heart or whatever the rumors are that are going around but I'm not worried about them. 

Or at least, that's what I thought.

--------

I walk into our apartment around eleven o'clock later that night with Nash and Reese behind me and I'm attacked by a big dog, being thrown onto the floor in the process.