1

"Angelina come on, wake up. We're here," I felt my mother's cold, soft hands shake me. I slightly furrowed my brows, knowing that once I open my eyes, it truly means that we actually moved.

"Mom, five more minutes, I'm begging you," I slightly muttered out, scrunching my nose. My seat shot back, causing my body to shoot up. My eyes burst open as I take quick and heavy breaths. I looked over to me mom, my mouth wide from fright as she laughs.

"Mom, it's not funny. I could've had um," I rubbed my head slightly, trying to remember the word,"You know, that thing people get when they get scared or whatever?"

"Oh my god, a heart attack?" she questioned, a small laugh coming out of her lips.

"YES, that thing," I replied, sitting my seat back up.

"Yeah, well hopefully it happens soon. What colour casket do you want? And make it cheap," my mom joked as I got out of the car.

"Haha, very funny," I responded.

"I'm just kidding. You know I love you," my mom said, coming up to me and giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"Mom, you're embarrassing me," I said, "wiping" the kiss off of my cheek playfully with a smile.

"There's no one out here though, honey," my mom responded, raising her brows, going in for another kiss.

"Still," I responded, moving out of the way, stretching a bit.

"Awe, is my little baby scared that hot boys will drive past us," she asked.

"MOM, NO," I responded, turning around, putting my hand on my mouth.

"Well then, HERE," she yelled, spinning me around and giving me multiple kisses on my cheek.

"Okay," I muttered out, a large goofy smile on my face. "Ma, ma, OKAY," I let out again, laughing, her hands still on my face, kissing it.

My mom then stopped, patting my shoulder.

"I'm going to the apartment," my mother quickly spoke out. "Our apartment number is eighteen. I'll unpack while you bring our stuff up," she said, grabbing two suitcases and leaving me.

"So I'm just gonna bring all of this up, by myself?" I yelled, causing her to laugh as she opened the gate.

She turned around, looking over at me, "BASICALLY ," she responded, turning around and leaving me alone.

"Jesus, we have so much crap," I murmured to myself, sighing. I grabbed a box full of plates, bowls, and utensils, making my way to the gate. I put the box down behind me, opening the gate.

As soon as I walked in, I noticed the pool and cringed. "At least we have a pool," I thought. "Or whatever you'd consider that."

I turned around, grabbing the box and making my way around the pool. I got fairly far till I accidentally bumped into someone, making me drop the box.

"I'm literally so sorry," I choked out, bending down and opening up the box to make sure nothing broke. Standing up, I grabbed the box, letting out a sigh.

"It's no worries, " the boy said as I looked into his brown eyes.

"No no, it's my fault. I was too busy looking at the, " I turned my head towards the pool, cringing. I then turned around with a sarcastic smile, finishing my sentence "beautiful pool," I smiled.