A New Subject

"This is strange, I've never seen a virus like this one." exclaimed a doctor, diagnosing a patient with pale skin. "We might have to direct this to our specialist." continued the doctor. Suddenly, a man with crimson eyes and a white lab-coat opens the door slowly, entering the room quietly. "Ah, there you are, Dr. K! We were about to call for you." The doctor exclaims happily. "I can take over from here." Dr. K replies hastily as the doctor exits the room. After doing the typical doctor's checkup, Dr. K looks up at the patient and mutters to himself. Looking at his clipboard, he asks the patient a few questions. "How long have you had pale skin?" He inquires with a confused tone. "I don't know, as long as I can remember." replied the patient with a worried tone. Dr. K scribbles some things into his clipboard and looks up at the patient with a grim expression. "I'm sorry." is all he can say to him as he leaves the room, leaving the patient with a terrified expression on their face. All of the doctors outside turn to look at Dr. K. "Is the patient going to be okay?" they all ask in unison. "I have to take them to the lab. Unfortunately they possibly carry the virus we are worried about." replied Dr. K with a sad tone. "It's for the sake of humanity." He elaborated, before walking back into the patient's room. "Where are your parents?" asked Dr. K. The patient turns to look at the Doctor and replies with "Gone." Dr. K looks at the patient and a smile grows on his face. "I can cure you." he says before pulling out a needle filled with sedatives. "Doctors, prepare Patient Lin for transferral to the facility." said Dr. K as he put away his phone. A few medical vehicles arrive at the hospital, the ambulance opening up to reveal two doctors with a stretcher rushing towards the building.