3. Back home

Her jet had just landed

Her jet had just landed. As soon as she got off, Malibu's sun hit her in the face, warming her up with its warm rays. That sun, however, was nothing compared to the Italian one that had accompanied her during those years away from home.

Carina saw her driver waiting for her next to the car that was supposed to take her home.

"Hogan, it's a pleasure to see you again" she said smiling.

"It's a pleasure for me too, Miss Stark" he said opening her car door "We missed you a lot"

"You're a bad liar Hogan" she said smiling "I only forgive you because you're my favorite driver" she said taking her seat "Where is Pepper?"

"Miss Potts is at home waiting for her, apologizes for not being able to come, but she was busy answering all calls from reporters" Happy said.

"Very well, take me home straight away, I need to talk to her"

The way hadn't been that long, but the silence in the car made it the longest and most embarrassing of his career, in Happy's opinion. They didn't have the same relationship he had with Tony. There were a few times when he carried her around with his car. Tony tried to keep Carina's life as private as possible, he didn't want anyone to know that he had a daughter. Having a kid wasn't exactly ideal for someone's playboy image...

Once they arrived in front of the Starks' house, the driver mentally breathed a sigh of relief. He quickly got out of the car and helped the girl out of the car.

"Thanks, Happy" she said before leaving.

As soon as she entered the house, the metallic voice of JARVIS welcomed her.

"Welcome home Miss Stark, it's a pleasure to see you again after a long time"

"Thanks, JARVIS. Can you tell me where is Miss Potts?" She asked.

"I'm right here"

Carina turned to where the voice was coming and walked quickly towards the person who has been her mother for years. Once she reached her she hugged her.

"You don't know how much I missed you" Pepper said, holding back tears.

"I missed you too" Carina smiled "Someone told me you're a busy woman"

"The journalists want nothing more than an interview on what happened, they don't give a moment of respite"

"Well, Pepper, I want you to call for a press conference" Carina said.

"Call for a press conference? What for? You just arrived, you need to rest"

"I don't need to rest"

"But--"