001

𝒐𝒏𝒆 :: metal cows do not go moo
ready to make some mechanical
beef?

the last thing harlow wanted to deal with this summer was more monsters, she had been dealing with them all year long of course, and every year before that. but summer was her escape, more demigods at camp meant the rules relaxed, people got poison ivy when they played capture the flag and newcomers got their heads shoved down a toilet by the ares cabin, it actually felt like a normal summer camp. or at least, harlow thought that was what a normal summer camp was like. however, you could tell that camp halfblood was abnormal if you payed close attention, like the greek architecture that made up the buildings,or strange weapons campers used, hades even the climbing wall spewed lava!

this summer was meant to be different, she was claimed now as the daughter of nike and had a bitchin new sword to use on whoever she wanted (though permanent damage was strongly discouraged). her best friend melanie cheung was going to start finding herself again, because last summer had really been a shitshow for them all (but we'll get to that later).

harlow had no plans on releasing nikes angel warrior chicks that day, she was preoccupied trying to win over everyone's attention. she was staying in the Hermes cabin, previously living in the ares quarters but was swiftly moved out over the winter period (long story short : paint ball guns, fire, a donkey with diarrhoea, a goat with an attitude and more fire ). it wasn't unusual to hear screams around camp before, but since the border started to fail everyone was on edge, and when two large fire breathing bulls pulled up and charged through camp, harlow knew her morning had gone to shit.

on today's episode of what absurdly ancient monster will attack camp for no reason : we have the colchis bulls! their fist sized rubies for eyes and sharp horns of silver are sure to leave a fatal wound! their famous bronze armoured skin are super duper hard to break! that's assuming you could get close enough to throw a fatal blow, because guess what folks? they also breathe fire. whoopy doo! it's camp half bloods lucky day !

harlow had been staring up at the ceiling of her bunk, throwing her fidget cube up in the air and catching it. that was when travis (or was it conner?) stoll ran in "dude, there's fire breathing bulls outside!" naturally, harlow ran out, pushing aside the taller boy and tried to put together a plan.

harlow took her fidget cube out of her pocket.when she was claimed as a daughter of nike a few months ago, her mother had given her the celestial bronze toy, nicknamed forfeit by her fellow campers. It took the form of a sword or a golf club at the slide of a panel or click of a button. perfect to hide in plain sight, for an aggressive ADHD demigod like herself.she flicked the switch on one of the sides and its intricate mechanics ticked and clacked into her sword, its pale colour cast an ethereal glow over her face, the hilt engraved with her mother's pearly wings.

she raced up the hill, her supernatural speed was inherited from the godly side of the family. she was determined to do something this time, after being kicked off border patrol for banging her shield and alerting several hellhounds (totally not her fault). she needed to prove herself again, and harlow intended to save the camp this time around.

she spotted her friend melanie at the top of the hill, her gangly frame and innocent face made her look like a dryad, and was often mistaken for one when she wasn't wearing her own choice of clothing and makeup. "come at me you fat ass bitch!" she yelled, banging her shield. the bull ploughed towards her but she dived out of the way and down the hill straight into harlow.

"oh hey, about time you got here." melanie groaned, getting herself up. but harlow was already up and ready to run again "any ideas?" the younger girl smiled, readying her sword. normally melanie would use her stygian iron mace, but border patrol used standard swords. "ready to make some mechanical beef?" harlow smiled at the girl and readied her sword. "i always am." and they charged up the hill.