꧁38꧂

Leta sat at in the Great Hall alone on the Slytherin table. She had left Regulus at the Quidditch pitch after one of his early practice that made the whole team exhausted.

She dug her spoon into her bowl, ignoring the figure who sat beside. She glanced to the messy haired boy who sat beside her with a warm smile which she returned with a scowl. "Look, I want to-"

"Leave me alone." She it erupted him, swinging her legs around and walking out with James following her out. "Please-"

"James, stop this!" She shouted at the boy, stopping to turn to the boy with her fists by her side. All the students looked over at the Slytherin who scowled at the Gryffindor who was scratching the back of his ear awkwardly.

She then stormed off, biting her lip so hard that she drew blood. James ran after her, grabbing her hand and dragging her outside where it was quiet and empty. "James, let go." She sighed, trying to release her hand from his grasp.

"Please listen to me." He pleaded, finally letting go of her hand with a look which Leta could only sympathise with. She looked down at the ground as he took her hands into his.

"We didn't know what Sirius had done. Honestly, I think he forgot." He spoke calmly, cringing as Leta scowled at the last sentence. "He for-"

She was cut off by James who pressed his lips against hers, then quickly pulling away. "I'm sorry, don't hex me. That was the only way I could make you-"

It was now James's turn to be cut off as Leta presses her lips against his, their heads sideways as they kissed as his hands ran down her back. Her hands ran through his hair when they were pulled apart.

They both looked into the stormy eyes of Minette Lestrange who wore a scowl.

                                       ༒
"James Potter!" She screeched at her younger sister. Once she pulled them apart, she had dragged her sister to her room in the Slytherin common room. "You know even talking to him will get you disowned." She stopped, her voice now weak as her eyes became glassy. "You don't love him do you?" She asked her younger sister as tears collected in bed eyelashes.

Leta instantly shook her head, not even stopping to think because she knew she didn't love him. Why would she? How would she?

"Good, good." Minette muttered to herself, biting her nail as she paced around the room. "It's just a bit of-"

"Leta!" Minette interrupted the younger girl. "You need to stop! I can't go through losing another sibling!" This time Minette couldn't hold back the sobs and she collapsed onto the floor, tears flooding from her eyes as she kneeled on the floor.

Leta rushed over from sitting on her bed to her sister's side, wrapping her arms around her as she sobbed into her hands. Though her arm was soaked with the tears of her older sister's tears, her eyes were dry of tears. Minette finally looked up at her sister with red eyes.

"Why don't you cry?" She asked her younger sister. "I haven't seen you cry since Corvus was-"

"And you won't again." She interrupted her with a stone cold face. Minette rolled eyes with a small smile as she wiped a tear which rolled down her cheeks. "Tomorrow I'll explain that I can't see him anymore." Leta said, taking her sister's hand.

Minette let out a small sigh and look around her younger sister's room in thought. "If he means enough, see him but don't but caught." Leta at first was a little shocked but nodded at her smiling sister.

                                      ༒
"James," Leta whispered to James, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the bustling corridors to the empty courtyard. "I need to talk to you." Her tone was one James did not like and sounded rather serious.

He nodded as she let out a small sigh. "With my sister, um, we can ,um, still meet but we need to be careful." She looked at the boy, her brows beginning to furrow as they boy smirked. "What?" She asked him with her arms crossed.

"Nothing, it's just, I have never seen you struggled to get out words." He chuckled, shaking him head as he laughed at the scowling boy. "Normally, it's difficult for you to shut up." He snickered as he rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Really clever." She replied with squinted eyes, her arms still crossed. "Hey, hey. I didn't-"

Leta grabbed his arms and put them around her waist, their lips pressed against each other as he pulled her body closer. They released each other for a second for a gasp of air before their lips were touching again.

She then leaned back away from the kiss, a smirk at the boy whose jaw hung open. "I-um-you-"

"Look who is finding it difficult to spit out their words." She smirked with her arms crossed again with her head tilted to the side. "Normally it's just all-" She stopped to gesture talking with her hand, still wearing a smirk which grew as he rolled his eyes.

"I'll see you in potions." She winked before leaving the awed boy alone in the empty courtyard.

                                        ༒
Leta dragged her feet behind her as she walked into her potion class, sitting down at her seat a the dark corner of the room. Slughorn welcomed her with a warm smiled which she returned with her usual scowl which was softer then usual.

"Please gather around." The short Professor said, gesturing his hands for the students to get closer which they all did, surrounding the small desk.

Out on the desk where three different viles or caludrons were neatly placed in a row. "Any ideas what these might be?" He asked, moving the the side of the desk near the students, smoke of the potions filling the room.

A couple peoples hands went straight up but his attention went to the slouching Slytherin at the back who leaned on the table behind her. "Miss Lestrange, might you know?" The classes eyes fell on the Slytherin girl who let a small sigh. "Clearly Lily knows, seems a pity not to ask her." She stated which made the whole class let out a small chuckle or snicker.

"Yes, yes but I know Lily can do this," He paused for a moment. "But can you?" Leta swirled her tongue around her mouth before walking through the parting of the students.

She walked up and inspected the first potion which was both colourless and odourless. "Veritaserum also know as truth serum and is very difficult to make." She answered making the Professor nod his head in agreement. She then moved to the next one which was a small vile.

"Draught of Living Death. It makes the drinker fall into a death-like slumber." She stated, gazing into the pale lilac liquid. Finally she moved to the final cauldron which was emitting a white smoke. "Amortentia which is rumoured to smell different to each person according to what attracts them." She said, take a small sniff and watching as the smirk turned a lime green colour.

"Very good Miss Lestrange." The potions Professor said with a smile and clapping as she walked back to where she was originally.

"Once I dismiss you, take out your books and follow the recipe of Amortentia." He said, putting the lid onto the raven cauldron. "This is a very dangerous potion-" He began warning the students as he sent them back to their desk.

"Which is exactly why we are doing it." Let's muttered as she walked back to her desk at the back of the cool classroom.