Stephen

Stephen

I see them pull up in the driveway and watch them get out. I'm hoping that dip shit is just going to leave without coming back inside. I'm surprised to see him unloading bags out of the back of his car. Oh, hell NO! She can't be stupid enough to let him stay here after all that he did. What the hell is she thinking? I walk outside and shoot her a look of confusion. She tells him she will be right back, comes up, grabs my hand pulling me to the side. I can tell she has been crying and I instantly want to kill him "Stephen, I know you are going to be mad, but Gabriel is going to be staying here while he's in town. Yes, you were right. He's trying to fuck, again. I'm not prepared to let that happen. I am however going to let him stay here in one of the guest rooms. Please don't start a bunch of shit with him. I've had way too much bullshit for one day." I look at her like she just slapped me. "Aria, really? Can you seriously be this naïve? He's using you. He's just trying to hit and run again. I'll behave and you know I support you 100 percent in anything you do. But damn baby girl, you are breaking my heart over here. I just don't understand. I'm always here for you, minus this morning, and I love you more than anything. Yet, you always choose these assholes over me. Ones that just use you for sex and to get what they want. I just don't get it. And why have you been crying?" Now she looks like I just slapped her. She says to me almost in a whimper, "Stephen, I do love you. I love you a lot and I know you are always there for me. There are things that I need that you just can't provide me with. You wouldn't understand. There is one thing that you don't know about me and honestly, I don't think you are ready for it. But the reason I won't commit to you is because, I love you too much to hurt you. I know me babe. I know how I am and what I will do. I just can't risk that with you, and I haven't been crying." 

I feel like someone just stabbed me in the heart. So, I'm not everything she needs? What can these assholes provide that I can't? I know everything about her. What could I possibly be missing? She kisses me, gives me a hug and then walks away, leaving me confused. I know she loves me, but I also know that I will never have her to myself. Honestly, I don't know if that woman will ever commit to anyone. I will just have to prove to her that I can handle everything about her and give her what she needs. I need to talk to Anna and see what it is that I don't know. In the meantime, I will be here to pick up the pieces as these assholes fuck with her heart.